RF-7 II Bi-Amp'ed vs RB-81 II with low and high fronts

Utard

Seeing how I can get a full 9.1 system for the same price of just the 7's and I do

not have a HUGE budget that will be my first up grade in a few years. Here is what

I am thinking of doing. The current room I am putting this in is small so I think it will be ok.

Front mains RF-82 II

Front Highs RB-41 II

Center RC-52 II

Sub SW-450

Surround side RS-41 II

Surround Back RS-42 II

Any one see any problems with this?

For performance wise, several people on this forum have been UTTERLY and UNAPOLOGETICLY tickled silly when they upgrade from the RC-52 to the RC-62. Hear that story over and over again. From reading their reviews over and over, I'd suggest you go with the RC-62.

Yeah dude but it wasn't you! [:o]

FWIW, I auditioned RF-82ii's, RC-62ii's and RS-52ii's at the main hifi store here...wasn't impressed....

How can you recommend speakers so highly that you didn't like when you heard them? [^o)]

Seeing how I can get a full 9.1 system for the same price of just the 7's and I do
not have a HUGE budget that will be my first up grade in a few years. Here is what
I am thinking of doing. The current room I am putting this in is small so I think it will be ok.

Front mains RF-82 II
Front Highs RB-41 II
Center RC-52 II
Sub SW-450
Surround side RS-41 II
Surround Back RS-42 II

Any one see any problems with this?

Sounds great, and it will sound great.I would consider upgrading the center if you can, otherwise still awsome.My 82's are in a 16 x 24 ft room and they're plenty loud.I would suggest doing your homework on prices if you have not already, get your best deal.

Seeing how I can get a full 9.1 system for the same price of just the 7's and I do not have a HUGE budget that will be my first up grade in a few years. Here is what I am thinking of doing. The current room I am putting this in is small so I think it will be ok. Front mains RF-82 II Front Highs RB-41 II Center RC-52 II Sub SW-450 Surround side RS-41 II Surround Back RS-42 II Any one see any problems with this?

Glad you like the 82s when properly set-up. Definately spend the extra and get the RC-62!!! Can't stress that enough. Use the RS-42s as side surrounds, not rear. The RS-41 or another set of RB-41 would work fine for the rears, but you might contemplate upgrading to RS-52s and RB-51s if budget permits (but not at the cost of an RC-62). Shop around on a sub. You will likely be able to find a better sub in the $400.00 price range. I use a similar set-up in a 2000 cubic foot room, and it has plenty of sound!

For performance wise, several people on this forum have been UTTERLY and UNAPOLOGETICLY tickled silly when they upgrade from the RC-52 to the RC-62. Hear that story over and over again. From reading their reviews over and over, I'd suggest you go with the RC-62.

Yeah dude but it wasn't you! Surprise

FWIW, I auditioned RF-82ii's, RC-62ii's and RS-52ii's at the main hifi store here...wasn't impressed....

How can you recommend speakers so highly that you didn't like when you heard them? Hmm

The OP asked for 2 cents...can take or leave mine. Just "relayed" the prevailing wisdom of the many people that answer this question in the forum, upon their personal experience.

From my personal experience, unless you ask a retail store to specifically setup a speaker set in a dedicated room for you...look out because you will likely not hear their full potential.

What do you think about the RW-12d with 24-120 hz and 350 watt at $512 compared to the SW-450 with 28-120 hz and 450 watts at $434? I really have zero experience with subs. But it seems to me even though the first one has less watts it would make up for it with the lower hz? Is it any benefit when having two subs to have two different ones with different hz levels? The only reason I was asking is the TV I was looking at comes with a free polk 8" sub. I do not know the model but it could only be like a 32-120hz or less?

... The only reason I was asking is the TV I was looking at comes with a free polk 8" sub. I do not know the model but it could only be like a 32-120hz or less?

I will let others comment on the other subs you mentioned, but my guess is that the polk wouldn't be able to keep up with the RF-82s at moderate to loud volumes and would be of no benefit with an RF-7 setup.

Shop around on a sub. You will likely be able to find a better sub in the $400.00 price range. I use a similar set-up in a 2000 cubic foot room, and it has plenty of sound!

What do you think about the RW-12d with 24-120 hz and 350 watt at $512 compared to the SW-450 with 28-120 hz and 450 watts at $434? I really have zero experience with subs. But it seems to me even though the first one has less watts it would make up for it with the lower hz? Is it any benefit when having two subs to have two different ones with different hz levels? The only reason I was asking is the TV I was looking at comes with a free polk 8" sub. I do not know the model but it could only be like a 32-120hz or higher on the low end?

Shop around on a sub. You will likely be able to find a better sub in the $400.00 price range. I use a similar set-up in a 2000 cubic foot room, and it has plenty of sound!

What do you think about the RW-12d with 24-120 hz and 350 watt at $512 compared to the SW-450 with 28-120 hz and 450 watts at $434? I really have zero experience with subs. But it seems to me even though the first one has less watts it would make up for it with the lower hz? Is it any benefit when having two subs to have two different ones with different hz levels? The only reason I was asking is the TV I was looking at comes with a free polk 8" sub. I do not know the model but it could only be like a 32-120hz or higher on the low end?

Well the RW 12d goes on sale on NEWEGG.com every now and then for $350 shipped...... maybe that will sway your decision.

Well the RW 12d goes on sale on NEWEGG.com every now and then for $350 shipped...... maybe that will sway your decision.

I use the dual RW-12ds and they work great! Remember though, I got one shipped new for $350.00 and bought the other used as part of a package deal for about $150.00. Watch newegg.com and subscribe to their e-blast deals. In the past 6 months the above mentioned low price has come up three times.

There are other brands of internet direct subs that can be had for under $500.00 that will likely outperform the SW-450, but I don't have experience.

I agree with most of the others that have given you advise. Get the RC-62ii. I just upgraded from the RC-52ii and the difference is very noticeable. I use the system mostly for TV and a lot of the dialog comes out of the center speaker, so do not go cheap on this. I also upgraded to RS-52iis for side surrounds. The RS-52s do much better for base than RS-42iis. Also use your bigger speakers for the side surrounds and the smaller ones in the back.

I would never buy anything unless I liked their sound. The
Advents have a very different sound than Klipsch. You might add a sub to them and
use them as the mains; though finding matching surrounds will be hard. Bigger
is better with speakers. I would rather have two great mains with a one or two very
good subs than the special effects of bullets whizzing off to the side.