Epson 8500UB..... customer service

JasonJCarney

So at 1187 hours on my Epson 8500UB my bulb goes dim and about an hour later my bulb is dead! I call Epson assuming I would get the run around. They asked when I purchased... couldn't remember exactly when or where from. They asked my name and address..... then they sent me a new bulb free of charge! sweet right?

Then I get the new bulb installed and the picture is perfect. But I listen close and no fan is on..... I call Epson again... tell them the story.... long story short they sent me a new projector for free and allowed me to keep the extra bulb for my troubles! lol... Epson rules. Take note eD ... that's how to handle customer service.

Fairly certain my problem was the cooling fan malfunctioning. The bulb itself was melted and pointing down like a soft penis!! How long did your lamps last and were they pointed down and melty?

The 8100 was my daily watcher until I purchased the Panasonic 65VT30. The average I was getting per bulb was around 1200 hours. The 8100 bulb issue led Epson to honor bulbs for the full 2 years of the warranty vs the normal 90 days.