Rf82/rc62 package

JasonJCarney

Remember to keep a seat for yourself in that small room full of speakers......I'll know who to PM when I want to upgrade as you'll have all the reference series speakers being sold on here in your possession when your done.....lol......you have RF7ii's with a RC64ii and your asking if the soundstage with these 82's and 62 is adequate? Is it detail value your looking for or resale value?

Used prices haven't dropped as dramitically here in Canada recently. I just sold my Rc62 for 350 and 8/10 RF82ii's are going for around 600-800.....but people here seem to expect 1000 for them and are hard to find deals.

Not for resale at least imediatley anyway. I found a local deal on these and was trying to talk brunt into sliding his rf62ii's or his rc3 back to rear surround duty and sell the other. Then use the 82's and 62 up front. I guess his priority right now is an amp so he is passing on this deal. I feel like it's too good to pass on cause the price but to be fair I have never heard either speaker. I owned the synergy equivalent (f-3/c-3) and I did like them. So the RF version has to be better right? Plus I paid like $750 for those synergy's so I know $500 is a good deal. Even if I drop $100 on 2 replacement woofers it's still $600 in 9/10 condition. Although the buyer says the dimples r not visible at a few feet away and it doesn't effect sound. So really the "fix" is not nessasary. I'm sure I can find a spot for these in the house somewhere and could probably get my

Money back someday as I keep my equipment in perfect condition.

Anyone with experience using this frontstage think it's worth $500 used? Couple drivers have small dimples but I could replace if I had too for $100 total.

When I sold mine I got $400 for the rf-82 and $200 for the
rc-62. Sold them to a good friend and I only paid about 60% of retail for them
but I thought that was a great deal for him (he paid 800 total sold the rs-52
to). To be fair I did keep the speakers in perfect condition and had all the
boxes. $500 does seem like an amazing deal
but the dented speakers would bug me to much I would have to replace them.

1314908591.jpg

So... couldnt help but grab those 82's and 62. Too good of a deal to pass up. I would say the 82's are 7/10 and the 62 is 9/10. 2 woofers have dimples and 1 82 screen is a bit worn in the corner. with new woofer 62 could be 9.5/10. with new screen and new woofer the 82's could be 9/10. The 82's have some slight cabinet damage but it's on the back side top edge so really hidden away. Especially if you use a dark basement HT and not a livingroom.

1314908570.jpg

here is the rc62 dimple

1314908616.jpg

1314908659.jpg

IMG_6714.jpg

1314908375.jpg

Brunt is thinking about buying these from me in the future. I know it's hard to quantify an upgrade but let's just say for a minute that you actually could. How much of an upgrade is an 82/62 front stage over an rc61ii/rc3 combo? He is going to amp them at some point and does have a big room. Also has rs3's and 2 A5-350's.

I suggested moving his rc3 to a single rear surround and using his rf62ii's in his 2 channel set up for his livingroom. Or move the rf62ii's to 7 channel rear surround and sell the rc3. His other option is to just buy an rc61ii and slide his rc3 back to rear surround. But then he would still have to buy another set of speakers for his 2 channel rig anyway.

Well, I moved from the RF-25s with an RC-3 to the RF-82s and later added the RC-62. There are definately some differences between the 25s and the 62 iis (most notably more bass in the newer model), but it's a reasonable comparison. I really liked the RF-25s, but they wwere a lacking in bass when compared with my 82s. Not awful, but a sub was necessary. I don't feel that I need a sub for my 82s for music listening. Also, even when running my 140 wpc Yamaha on 2-channels, the 25s weren't as dynamic as the 82s, and while my 82s constantly feel that they could take on more juice, my RF-25s definately had a ceiling where I felt uncomfortable pushing them. The one thing my 25s did a little better was cleaner mid-bass. I probably just need to go A/B them sometime.