The Sickness has started

Utard

Well Newegg had the RW-12d on sale today for $350. I was reading in another post how someone had regretted on only getting one of these so........ I got two. This is my first purchase of my planned system. The only bad thing is I will not be able to listen to these until I get the new receiver.

Well Newegg had the RW-12d on sale today for $350. I was reading in another post how someone had regretted on only getting one of these so........ I got two. This is my first purchase of my planned system. The only bad thing is I will not be able to listen to these until I get the new receiver.

I bought one from Newegg for $350.00 and thought it was a great purchase! I later picked up a second one used at a great price. These do a fantastic job with RF-62s or RF-82s!

• Moderators

My receiver is from about 1990 and does not have a sub out.

You could still try them out until you get a new one. When you get them read the book, I think you can use RCA jacks from your receiver to the sub. It is called " INPUTS: L/R Line-level RCA jacks, L/R High-level speaker binding posts " I got that from here.....click "specs"

http://www.klipsch.com/rw-12d-subwoofer

Maby someone will help with this, I have never used one like this but that's what there used for.

My receiver is from about 1990 and does not have a sub out.

You could still try them out until you get a new one. When you get them read the book, I think you can use RCA jacks from your receiver to the sub. It is called " INPUTS: L/R Line-level RCA jacks, L/R High-level speaker binding posts " I got that from here.....click "specs"

http://www.klipsch.com/rw-12d-subwoofer

Maby someone will help with this, I have never used one like this but that's what there used for.

Run rca from your tape A output to the sub then select that on

the record selector input. Then use the crossover on the sub. I would crossover

low for this hook up (like 50-70 Hz)

Run rca from your tape A output to the sub then select that on

the record selector input. Then use the crossover on the sub. I would crossover

low for this hook up (like 50-70 Hz)

By using this tape A output would it still be a good idea to use a splitter for left and right on the sub? I have read on a few other posts problems with only using either left or right causes low volume.

Tape outputs are "high level" as in 150 - 250mV. The sub needs a pre-out voltage (usually between 1.2 and 6 V) to operate, unless.... you use the speaker outputs and let the sub see that and cut the frequ where it wants.

You can use the tape out circuitry, except there will be no volume control with the amp and you would have to adjust the sub every time to match the desired volume.

If anyone can use that high level circuit and make it work otherwise, please post.....

[H]

Tape outputs are "high level" as in 150 - 250mV. The sub needs a pre-out voltage (usually between 1.2 and 6 V) to operate, unless.... you use the speaker outputs and let the sub see that and cut the frequ where it wants.

You can use the tape out circuitry, except there will be no volume control with the amp and you would have to adjust the sub every time to match the desired volume.

If anyone can use that high level circuit and make it work otherwise, please post.....

Cool

Good point I use to run a bunch of receivers chained together

with the tape outs but my CD player remote had a volume control so I was able

to set all the amps volume to about half then just turn the cd remote up or

down. So it will work if your source has

its own volume control.

(right?)

After having these for a few days I would defiantly recommend these. They came in perfect condition through UPS from newegg. I can see why some people complain about the speaker grills. The pegs look very weak. It would not take much to snap one off. Two of these have more than enough bass (room is 13x35). Rattles the windows upstairs on half volume. The only problem is the sub magnets affected my old TV (color shift). I tried some DIY shielding but it did not work. So I had to put them behind my couch. No big deal seems to sound the same.