A little levity...

Seeing as how we all love our Klipsch speakers, and by way of association therefore love Arkansas. How's about posting some of your favorite Arkansas and Bill Clinton jokes here. Reading ChemPharma's post in HDBRbuilder's crossover thread had me howling. Remember, this is done out of love.

My contribution -

What's the most popular saying on a Christmas card in Arkansas?

"Merry Christmas Uncle Dad"

Heck, I live in Southern California. We're the butt of more jokes than there are jumper cables at an Arkansas wedding.

Love,

Chris

------------------

2 channel

Klipsch Cornwalls (1978)

Cary CAD 300SEI amp (WE 300B's, various NOS 6SN7's)

Arcam Alpha MCD cd player

Accuphase T-101 Tuner

Sota Sapphire TT

Alphason HR-100 arm

Grado Sonata Cartridge

EAR Phono Stage

HT

Klipsch KG2.5 (front & rear)

Klipsch KV2 (center)

Klipsch SW12 (sub)

Marantz SR7000 receiver

Toshiba DTS DVD

JVC SVHS VCR

Sony Hi8 VCRs>

Please spare me...I hear enough of em already...I kinda wonder just how many people actually believe Arkansas is any worse off than West Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, etc...or even Southern California?

Fact is, this is one beautiful place to live...where there are still springs coming out of a mountainside that you can just cup your hands under and have a refreshing ice-cold drink without fear of coming down with some illness or being chemically poisoned! We kinda hope it stays that way.

As for in-breeding...well, just look around you where YOU live!!! Funny thing is...none of those trailer parks that the Jerry Springer guests come from are in Arkansas!!!...Go Figure! Smile.gif

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

HDBRbuilder

Ease up...relax... Nobody said anything about Arkansas being "any worse off than West Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, etc...or even Southern California?". If we can't laugh at ourselves we're in big trouble. I'm sorry if I offended you. I'm sure Arkansas is a wonderful place. As is Southern California, Denver, Seattle, New York, Lubbock, Pixly, Katmandu, etc., etc. Sounds like I hit a nerve.

Chris

------------------

2 channel

Klipsch Cornwalls (1978)

Accuphase T-101 Tuner

Sota Sapphire TT

Alphason HR-100 arm

Grado Sonata Cartridge

EAR Phono Stage

HT

Klipsch KV2 (center)

Klipsch SW12 (sub)

Marantz SR7000 receiver

Toshiba DTS DVD

JVC SVHS VCR

Sony Hi8 VCRs>

No nerve hit at all...as a matter of fact, I write this response while taking a short break from preparing my monthly child-support checks to my first cousins for mailing! Smile.gif

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

Here's one: The US unemployment rate is now at the highest rate that it has been since 1992. Remember who the big man was in 1992, don't cha?

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

And that's no yoke.

Keith

Cjk1026 and all, get this!

That same big fat lady who soldered my AA networks from her porch on a hot humid day was finally released yesterday after being mistakenly arrested at the airport in Little Rock for cocaine possession. An anonymous female local tip/witness at the airport bathroom spotted the huge lady, describing her as wearing a short dress with a large amount of a white hard/crusty substance caked between her legs. Local deputies responding quickly, intercepted her at the baggage claim,where they lifted up her dress and claimed to have unfolded/unraveled a huge amount of crack.

She was later released after federal authorities explained to the local deputies the difference between crack cocaine and powdered butt crack.

This message has been edited by ChemPharma on 05-05-2002 at 01:05 AM

Chem...

I am beginning to doubt your sanity...or (more hopefully) to wonder if these holographic visions of yours are brought about after your having delayed renewing your monthly PROZAC prescription, thereby leaving you without any for a few days!

BTW, Have you been fully disclosing to your therapist this latent Freudian desire you have for sweaty, powdered, obese women? Remember, he can't do much for you if you don't open up and tell him EVERYTHING!!

------------------

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 05-05-2002 at 03:10 AM

builder,

I thought my joke was clever! And its original!

I have only lived here in Virginia (d.c. vicinity)area a few years, primarily in response to a job offer to practice my profession. My family and I are from rural GEORGIA where we had two working farms. I'm a southern boy! Today, I work in an industry with fellow scientists and snobby patent lawyers with little to no sense-of-humor, let alone spontaneity or wit! I dont think you would want my discussions to be based from an acoustical or electrical engineering stance continuously.

A nerve has obviously been struck with this thread, and others I've seen, for you seem to have a sense of duty as an active moderator having anything to do with Arkansas, PWK, or Klipsch speakers. I appreciate your input as a cabinet builder for Klipsch for a number of years. You truly offer a lot to this board.I love audio, and I am interested in any ideas from this BB to improve my speakers' sound. But, I think you are making/taking this too personal. For I made a joke of a ficticious fat lady,having nothing to do with you, and you have this sense of urgency to respond (moderate) with your sanity comments made to be directed at me. Take it easy man! Wink.gif By the way, the the obsession with powdered sweaty fat women from Arkansas is not a latent development. I've been fascinated with them since I was two.Smile.gif

This message has been edited by ChemPharma on 05-05-2002 at 08:22 AM

Jim Rome (syndicated sports talk radio host from LA) sent in this gem to our local affiliate, who airs his program. He affectionately rips my home area, the Quad Cities, in his typical sarcastic style.

He says, in part:

"The Quad Cities is the red-headed stepchild of Chicago and Des Moines. Now, why someone would take 4 small cities that suck, and turn them into one big city that sucks, is beyond me. By the same logic, we could just take all of the small towns in Mississippi and make it one big swamp. We'll call it "Two-fifty-seven-ville".

So who would want to live in ROCK ISLAND?? (That's one of the cities in the area). Out here in NOCAL, we have a "Rock Island" too - we call it "Alcatraz".

It's good to see that we can poke a little fun at ourselves in hereSmile.gif

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

A Beast is Lurking.........To be unleashed May 2002

*** Alpha Testing Complete ***

I too think the "too much crack should be illegal" jokes are funny. That doesn't mean I think Mountain Home is a cra* hole. My uncle the refrigeration/air conditioning man doesn't get all heated up about them(pun intended). As a matter of fact, around these parts, we have running jokes about the nearest big city... Bridgeport. We call it "the armpit of America". It doesn't mean there are not lovely parts to the city. It's a nice place to visit, but wouldn't want to live there. The fact of the matter is that many jokes are universal and can apply to just about anywhere. We need to think outside the (Klipsch) box once in a while.cwm30.gif

This message has been edited by SOUNDJUNKIE on 05-05-2002 at 09:39 AM

Chem,

My last response was tongue in cheek. Lighten-up. Hell, if big-uns are what you like, then more power to ya!! As a matter of fact, at least with today's current trend of our population towards obesity, you are probably alot better off than guys like me who seek out the leaner women...at least you will have more to choose from!...LOL!

And, by the way, I have many more life experiences than just cabinet-building for Klipsch and being a woodworker for many years...it would be interesting to have a chat with you sometime over a refreshing beverage, I am sure. Smile.gif

As for my defending Klipsch...I would more believe that it is actually a desire to give a bit of insight to this forum of how I viewed the personalities of some of those involved in the development of the speakers, and the manufacture of them, at the time I was there. As for defending the company or thinking there are no other good speakers manufactured, that is a whole other nutshell.

I sincerely believe that PWK excelled in meeting the parameters he desired for the vast majority of the speakers he, himself, designed. Especially when one of the key parameters for all of them involved limited his designs to three-way, three-speaker, horn-loaded, efficient systems for usage in the home. Add to that the fact that he had the best of leadership traits and a genuine concern for his employees. His biggest detriment, though, was his desire to "just be an engineer, not a businessman," and this led him numerous times to put his faith in others, sometimes not worthy, to run the business end of things for him. My views on THAT aspect of the company are best not shared on a public forum.

As for my statement "please spare me" about the Arkansas jokes...well...everybody in this state has had to endure a bombardment of them for well over a decade...from the first time Clinton made his windy, to say the least, convention speech followed by his saxophone thing on the Tonite Show...and, frankly, we kinda hoped that after the "Mr. Bill Show" left national office, we would get at least a little break from it...but, alas, that is not to be.

Soooo...go for it! No big deal, we are used to it by now! Smile.gif

------------------

ChemPharma,

Love your stuff. If not for the semi-civil nature of this board, we could take some of your material to a whole new level. And have a great time doing so...

HDBRbuilder,

Hope you're not too angry with me. However, sometimes stereotype jokes have their roots in fact. Just ask former football player Reggie White. Anyway, you asked me about my Cornwall's in an earlier thread. I just got them back from a professional refinisher. They look awesome. As a concession to my far better half, I had them stained a sort of light cherry color along with having the cabinets reinforced and restored. It may seem strange, but they do seem to sound better.

Back to your question about markings on the back...

Speaker 13RO38 has a "R" stamped on the left side rear edge, near the top joint

Speaker 13RO39 has "MS" stamped on the left side of the top rear edge, near the joint

PS PWK and his persona are one of the reasons I own 8 Klipsch speakers. My father worked for many years for a similar type company. As a young man, I remember often going to his office for a ride home from school. Actually it was not an "office" in the normal sense. Nobody had a private office. Everyone worked in groups, with shared assistants instead of secretaries. This included the CEO, COO, and everyone else. I would study, read, or just hang out and talk with his coworkers. Once in awhile the boss would stroll by, say hi to me and ask me how school was going. I would say "fine, Mr. Packard". My father worked for Hewlett-Packard for many years and it was there they coined the phrase "management by walking around". Too bad Carly and the rest of the boys don't seem to get that concept. Too many other things to worry about. Such as stock price, executive compensation, ego, "where's the limo?", etc., etc.. Back in the day all they worried about was making the best products in the world, no compromise, and with "zero defects".

------------------

2 channel

Klipsch Cornwalls (1978)

Accuphase T-101 Tuner

Sota Sapphire TT

Alphason HR-100 arm

Grado Sonata Cartridge

EAR Phono Stage

HT

Klipsch KV2 (center)

Klipsch SW12 (sub)

Marantz SR7000 receiver

Toshiba DTS DVD