Brand names of line conditioners?

zandern

Ok so I have been looking at different line conditioners, I have found Panamax and Monster Power. Is there any other good brands out there that can be added to my HT? I would like one that can sit on the entertainment center that looks good (lights)and not one that sits on the ground behind the entertainment center. I was just wondering what other brands are out there that you guys use? ThanksSmile.gif

My experience has been with the MIT Z-Center and the Audio Power Wedge 116. My system is Cornwalls and McIntosh electronics. I did not have good luck with the MIT...actually introduced more noise. And this is after I had dedicated outlets installed in the listening room. I've been very happy with the Power Wedge, but it was steep ($1500). I've heard Monster Cables' power conditioners are also good and relatively inexpensive, compared to some of these other pc's.

Have you check out Audio Advisor? ( http://www.audioadvisor.com )

They have a large number of different brands of line conditioners at all price points, offer a 30 no questions asked money back try it at home and see if you like it policy, and are very pleasant to deal with. I've been buying from them since waaaaaaaayyyyyyy back...

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

• 2 years later...

I just ordered an ADCOM ACE 315 surge supressor/line coditioner. I'll let you all know howit performs once I hook it up. I looked at t alot of products and decised on the ACE. It doesnt use finite-lived MOV to shunt the surge...

I use the Rotel RLC 1050 and been happy with that. It has 13 outlets - 12 switched with 12v trigger and 1 unswitched. The triggered outlets have timers (different on and off) so you don't get a surge when you power up, or down. Here's a link:

http://www.rotel.com/products/accessories.htm

It's pretty big - like adding another DVD player to your rack (or behind your rack, in my case).

zandern: I highly recommend the unit I have been using for the last year:

Tripp-Lite Model LCR-2400 Rack Mount Line Conditioner. I paid about $245 for mine last year from one of Tripp-Lite's on line web vendors. minn_male42 mentioned Tripp-Lite in his post above.

It maintains corrected output voltage at 120 volts regardless of brownouts down as low as 87 v or over-voltages as high as 147 v. Beyond those input voltages it shuts your system down safely. It also protects against surges, lightning and it filters out noise. I recommend that you plug it into a 20 Amp home-run circuit (12 ga wire, or whatever your local code calls for) as I did because this unit will handle up to 20 Amp loads. I see it correcting the line voltage to our equipment all of the time. It tends to be more affordable that many other units that do the same things. It "ain't" pretty, but it does the job! Best of luck.

LCR2400.jpgpost-10177-13819245351_thumb.jpg