AVR or Amp

A1UC

Im just wondering , I have RF-7ll fronts and a RC-64ll Center along with RS-62ll surrounds .

I just orderd a Pioneer SC-57 it will be here in a couple days .

I also have a couple of amps sitting here Emotiva XPA-3 which right now is running my RF-7's and RC-64

along with my Integra 50.2 which runs the surrounds . Im not using the xpa-2 right now

Do you think my SC-57 will be okay to run my setup with no amps at all ?

I know the cats meow would be the xpa-3 for the surrounds and center and the xpa-2 for the rf-7's

but Im hoping to down size a bit and mayber sell the amps to put towards a 8700UB projector and screen .

Or do I just use all my hardware and wait till after xmas for my projector and screen .

Is anyone running there HT just off of there avr ?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not using an amp right now and I enjoy mine. Always wonder if ignorance is bliss though. I'll have one but I don't know what I'm missing right now as I haven't experienced it.

Side note: have you compared 2ch music with you XPA-3 vs XPA-2?? Curious if there is an audible difference to you.

That radio will run your speakers with power to spare.Will it be the ultimate? no, will it be awsome, yes.I run 83's with a 75 watt Harman, plenty power, I have a Carver amp just setting in my garage because I don't feel the need to use it.

I am more into HT than music , but to be honest I couldnt tell a diffrence between the XPA-2 and XPA-3

Im going to hook up the speakers with only the SC-57 and see how I like it . If I keep 1 amp it will be the XPA-3

the xpa-2 and xpa-3 i dont think would yield too much of a sound difference, i was talking about the difference between receiver and amp. My guess is that you will notice a difference of some sort. Receivers have a place in the market and part of that is space management.

the xpa-2 and xpa-3 i dont think would yield too much of a sound difference, i was talking about the difference between receiver and amp. My guess is that you will notice a difference of some sort. Receivers have a place in the market and part of that is space management.

Yeah question was thrown for 2 ch. Wouldn't expect much in the HT front. I've seen others swear there was a big difference working the in 2ch.

Yeah I pretty much decided that I will keep the XPA-3 and sell the XPA-2 reason being

RF-7's 250W

RC-64 200W

RS-62's 150W

XPA-3 200X3 so it would drive my front sound stage nice , and there is no reason the SC-57 cant drive the surrounds just fine .

Like I said Im not into music , and if I was there is no way I would get rid of the XPA-2 for HT I feel the XPA-3 or XPA-5 are 2 best choices for a 5 ch setup

Pioneer Elite SC-57 A/V Receiver HT Labs Measures

null

HT Labs Measures

Five channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads:
0.1% distortion at 115.1watts
1% distortion at 132.0 watts

Seven channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads:
0.1% distortion at 109.6 watts
1% distortion at 123.7 watts

I recently replaced my XPA-3 with an XPA-2, for 2 channel music it definitely was a very nice change, for HT not nearly as much.

The XPA-2 for fronts with either the XPA-3 or XPA-5 for center and surrounds definitely makes for a nice HT and music combination.

I recently replaced my XPA-3 with an XPA-2, for 2 channel music it definitely was a very nice change, for HT not nearly as much.

The XPA-2 for fronts with either the XPA-3 or XPA-5 for center and surrounds definitely makes for a nice HT and music combination.

did the same thing, with same results music definitely is better, ht is the same, and they work awesome in ht combo like mentioned

id keep the xpa 2/3 its pretty tough to beat

I bought a SC-57 pioneer , its going back since Hdmi 1-2-3 dont work , but I tried it out .

All I can say wow it really made my ht sound good with no amps .

Now Im in a jam do I keep my integra 50.2 order another SC-57 or go with RX-A3010 from Yamaha

I will also lool at some pre pros

I bought a SC-57 pioneer , its going back since Hdmi 1-2-3 dont work , but I tried it out .

All I can say wow it really made my ht sound good with no amps .

Now Im in a jam do I keep my integra 50.2 order another SC-57 or go with RX-A3010 from Yamaha

I will also lool at some pre pros

I will probably unload my Onkyo 5508 pre pro when the 5509 hits the US. FYI.