Thoughts on Products from Jolida.net?

tommy499

Their spec's and performance is top notch....spec's are actually better than most.

The only negative on Jolia products is their quick decline in resale value. The model you referenced has a list of 1600. I doubt that you can ge half of that on the used market.

I bought a preamp through jolida.net and was very happy with the transaction. The shipping was quick, the price very good, and the preamp well built. From what I could gather from reading online it seems that the .net people are the original Jolida that made the brands good reputation, and the .com folks have the name in the U.S. but are using a different Chinese manufacturer. I would not hesitate to buy from the Jolida.net people, but I am wary of the.com folks until they prove themselves.

I had a Jolida, unfortunately cant remimber the model # at the moment, but there is a photo in a post I did several years ago of it & the Mc 2505 I did a shoot off with - the Mc won big time. What's incomplete with the Mc 275 you have Tommy? As Fritz said there are better $ investment, lots of great amps used in that price rang, even the Bat VK60 [:$]

Very interesting what happened to Jolida. I have a JD-100 tubed CD player purchased about 4 years ago. I believe the NET and COM were partners still at that point and the unit was probably built in the NET factory in China.........with the COM being the distributor in the US out of Maryland. But somehow the distributor (COM) was able to obtain the electrical designs and subbed them out to another factory or supplier...........and became separated from the original factory (NET) that maintains the designs were always theirs from the beginning.

It is unclear who orignally designed all the products. NET maintains they did and were always behind the name Jolida (no matter who may have actually owned the name Jolida.......which is the confusiong part). COM completely avoids the discussion. Look at both websites. It appears the NET guys have the real Jolida stuff and are very open about their operation and especially their lawsuit against their former distributor (COM).

I had heard back when I bought my unit that the parts were made in China and assembled in Maryland. Not sure if that is true. I'm sure there is a lot of information missing. It appears teh NET guys have the original Jolida factory built products though. On the other hand...........if you have the designs they can be built identically by other suppliers. It would be interesting to compare NET and COM jolida models and see which is built better.

Personally, at this stage of the game I would buy neither.

Give this guy a call. He should be able to give you the straight poop on both Jolidas. I'm pretty sure he reps the .COM products out of Maryland. Nice guy and from the conversations I've had with a straight shooter.

Underwood Hifi
Emerald Physics
Walter Liederman
770-667-5633
fax 770-216-1666
hours: Noon-9:00PM, ECT M-Sat.