SW-115 becomes reality.

Rippyman

certainly $600 is a smoking price... I dont see how that is possible, but good on you mate, you WILL NOT be disappointed.

I think part of that price was because I was purchasing a whole system as a package. I'm actually a little worried it's going to be too much. I have a Harmon Kardon 200W 10" sub that came with the HKTS18 surround I used to use and that thing is actually pretty good (at least as being loud in my house). I can't imagine what this Klipsch 400W 15" sub is going to sound like...

That seems like a GREAT deal, thats the exact price i paid for my Epik Empire.

This seems like sarcasm...although I don't know know much about Epik Empire subs...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

an additional note, I am having to dial back or turn off the 115 for vinyl playback, it's simply adds to much bass extension for my tastes when playing back thru my turntable. I am sure bass loading is occurring, but to be honest, my turntable/preamp has never lacked any bass.

for CD or iPod play back, the 115 is doing a wonderful job even though I really need to control how much I allow teh sub to integrate. it can easily over power my system.

a little is a lot for my tastes.

I'm liking the 115, it *finally* came in today. I took the suggestion from another thread to turn it all the way up and then run audyssey to let the AVR set the gain. Audyssey on my Onkyo set it up at -15 db. I'm watching Transformers and so far so good. It's not too loud, and it definitely digs a lot deeper than my last sub. I'm sure if I wanted it to get louder I could just turn it up a bit in the AVR, but as Schu said I could easily see it becoming too overpowering. I might like it up a little bit more, but it just sounds super clean right now.

I'm liking the 115, it *finally* came in today. I took the suggestion from another thread to turn it all the way up and then run audyssey to let the AVR set the gain. Audyssey on my Onkyo set it up at -15 db. I'm watching Transformers and so far so good. It's not too loud, and it definitely digs a lot deeper than my last sub. I'm sure if I wanted it to get louder I could just turn it up a bit in the AVR, but as Schu said I could easily see it becoming too overpowering. I might like it up a little bit more, but it just sounds super clean right now.

I ran my set up at about half volume... and my avr processed out to -6db, and I ran a few tests and a bunch of mucis and finalized at about -2db after fine tuning. with the LPF set at about 110-120, it's more than enough for me right now as I tried ot set it up for both music and HT in one setting.

I still need to turn it off for vinyl play though

I have the LPF at 120 right now. The fronts are at 50 I think and the rest of the surrounds are at 60. I'm sure I'll mess around with the settings a bit more once everything is set up and attached to the walls. I'm thinking I'll end up turning the sub up a little bit, but half of the time I'm watching movies my kid is sleeping...so it may end up staying how it is. And thanks joshjp, I really am so far...I already want another one, ha ha =^) Not because it's not enough, because believe me it's plenty in my space, but I just think it's be rad to have 2 =^P

I orderd my SW-115 today. I am moving my Velodyne DEQ-12R to the livingroom/in-wall system. As soon as I get it set up and dialed in I will report back.

I sent a check to the dealer so it will take a couple extra days for the sub to arrive.

My Klipsch SW-110 is for sale by the way...

I orderd my SW-115 today. I am moving my Velodyne DEQ-12R to the livingroom/in-wall system. As soon as I get it set up and dialed in I will report back.

I sent a check to the dealer so it will take a couple extra days for the sub to arrive.

My Klipsch SW-110 is for sale by the way...

What are you looking to get out of the SW-110? I am just down I-77 from you, so I could meet you half way. I need a little sub for my office space in the shop.