SW-115 becomes reality.

Rippyman

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's relatively inexpensive. And pretty plain, too. Looks like they are looking to go head to head with the usual suspects. And 18Hz for $850 is pretty competitive.

I would venture to say that the SW-1XX line is set-up to compete sonically with some of the ID competition out there. No money in the aesthetics on this line.

Yeah? So, which SVS do you think can match up with that AT THAT PRICE?

I don't think anyone here can say with any degree of certainty just yet.

Klipsch has the technical knowhow to make a fantastic subwoofer, and the SW-115 could be the new standard bearer of value at its price point. Conversely, it could be a total dog; it's no great secret that Klipsch has made a few of those in the subwoofer category as well. Time will tell where the SW-115 falls.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I came across the SW-115 while starting to look for a replacement sub for my HT. The specs look good and being a 15", I know it would have to deliver something. I also have looked at a couple of comparable Velodyne's, the DLS 5000R 15" sub and EQ-Max 15". They all seem to have comparable specs and while the DLS 5000 seems to be the older of the bunch and actually on sale at Velodyne it looks attractive anyway. But I don't want to short change myself and we really know nothing about the performance of the SW-115 yet. Can anyone comment on these two Velodyne's? Does the adjustable EQ, wireless all add up to be something really worthy to have vs. the more generic Klipsch?

Also considering a 12" sub possibly, But I know I have to get into something with a bit of power to equal the feel you get out of the larger subs.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

C

• 1 month later...

An Epik Empire, currently @ $799, might compete.

The Epik Empire will eat this sub alive in term of tightness, SPL, frequency and THD. Two 15" drivers with 600W RMS in a 140Lbs sealed compact fridge-size enclosure for $799, Klipsch doesn't stand a chance.

Klipsch is famous for making accurate and efficient horn-loaded speakers not subwoofers. Epik makes only subwoofers. They currently have two models unlike Klipsch which carry a dozen models. You can only be good at what you do best. Even the top of the line Klipsch P-312W at four grand with maximum acoustic output of 123dB @ 30Hz is no match for the $799 Empire which can do 124dB @ 24Hz.