RF-7 as a Center Channel. (Custom Build)

Gorm

I was afraid you'd say that... Unfortunately my carpentry skills aren't up to par. I feel I'd do more harm than good. I have 2 systems with RF-7 centers. The other one is higher and the speaker stands under it. That's not a option for this one. Do you think standing it up on the side of the tv would be better than laying it down?

I believe it does. The staggared array with the horn in the center really balances out the image. Much more like the RC 7, compard to just laying an RF7 on its side.

This is another "benefit" I got from buying Cornwalls.....Klipsch made the "Cornwall II" in the 60's/early 70's that has the horns flipped vertically, which makes it well suited to laying it on it's side......and voila, instant center channel speaker.

A forum member from years back (HornEd) used to cut into the motorboards and realign the drivers on a 6 KLF30 Legend theater, and got similar mind blowing results.

Whatevah ya godda do.......

I have an extra RF7 that if someone wanted I could sell them, it isn't in the greatest shape, but I would let it go cheap.

Where are you located Gorm? If you are local to Chicago area I may be interested, I have the wood working tools to make a custom motorboard.

The person I purchased my Dean G RF-7's/RC-7 from did a center RF-7 like you did for his dad's system. Unfortunately he did this after I purchased his RF-7/RC-7 system.

• 4 weeks later...