Sherwood brand

tfoust

When I was in college and my interest in hifi and stereo began I saw components by Sherwood listed in the catalogs and magazines but in all the years I've never known a retailer that sold them and thus never heard an audition. Has anyone in these forums owned their products? Care to share your opinion about them?

When I was in college and my interest in hifi and stereo began I saw components by Sherwood listed in the catalogs and magazines but in all the years I've never known a retailer that sold them and thus never heard an audition.

The only place I have seen Sherwood gear is Radio Shack and it seems to be marginally "consumer grade".

On the other hand, Sherwood Newcastle gear is pretty darn good. It sits a clear step above what the big box stores carry and fits somewhere along side Rotel, B&K, NAD, etc. There is at least one forum member who owns their stuff.

Maybe you can send forum member Waaz_up a PM and get his "unbiased" opinion.[:D]

• waaz_up
  • anonymous.gif
  • Not Ranked
  • Joined on Sat, Jun 18 2011
  • Posts 17

Re: Sherwood Newcastle AM9080 Amp Mint!

Scratch that! Noticed the date.
* * * Home Theater Room (5.1) * * *
Klipsch CF-3 (fronts)
Klipsch KLF-C7 (center)
Klipsch KLF-10s (rears)
Sherwood Newcastle P-965 (7.1 preamp)
Sherwood Newcastle AM-9080 (5 channel amp - KLF-10s, KLF-C7)
Sherwood Newcastle AM-9080 (5 channel amp - CF3 biamp)
Sherwood Newcastle CDC-690T (cd player)
Sherwood Newcastle SD-871 (dvd player)

* * * Living Room (2.0)* * *
Klipsch KG 5.5s (fronts)
Sherwood Newcastle R-965 (receiver)

* * * Components not in use * * *
Sherwood Newcastle AVP-9080R (5.1 preamp)
Sherwood Newcastle AVP-9080R (5.1 preamp)
Bill

Has anyone in these forums owned their products?

http://www.outlawaudio.com/promo_pages/965.html

http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Forum=32&topic=000049&Number=0&site_id=1#import

There are apparently many here that own Outlaw Audio gear - which is largely Sherwood-designed (and probably produced by the same...).

Chris

There are apparently many here that own Outlaw Audio gear - which is largely Sherwood-designed (and probably produced by the same...).

ATI builds Outlaw amplifiers but not sure about any of their other gear. Outlaw Audio is an ID-only division of ATI. I am pretty sure Sherwood Newcastle does design some gear for Outlaw.

Bill

You might want to read the links provided...

Sorry,

I guess Sherwood Newcastle does design some of Outlaw Audio gear. I had only heard that before but not read it. Maybe next time I will read the entire post(including links)[:$] before I comment.

Bill

• 1 month later...