Jubilee, Jubilee or Jubilee?

russ69

OK guys, how do we tell which Jubilee? The KPT-Jubilee, the KPT-Jubilee 535, or the two way Jubilee. Or is anything with a Jubilee bass bin a Jubilee?

A rose by any other name...

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/144087/1474234.aspx

City/State Format Crossover
Maryville, TN 2-way/TAD 4002 Dx38
Jacksonville, Florida 2-way/TAD 4002 Dx38
Chattanooga, TN 3-way Active 3-way
Slough, England 2-way/K69 Dx38 and passive
Silverton, Colorado 2-way/TAD 4002 Crown XTi
Russellville, Arkansas 2-way/K69 Crown XTi
Bay City, Michigan 2-way/K510/K69 Passive
Lafayette, Lousiana 2-way/K69 Crown XTi
Arlington, Texas 2-way/TAD 4002 Dx38
Waco, Texas 2-way/K69 Dx38
Westhampton, Mass. 2-way/K69 Crown XTi
Austin, Texas 2-way/K69 Dx38
Buffalo, New York
2-way/EV DH1A Dx38
Indianapolis, Indiana 2-way/K69 XTi
Benton, Main 2-way/K69 XTi, passive, and Dx38
Oak Forest, Illinois 2-way/K69 Passive
Cologne, Germany 2-way/TAD 4002 Yamaha SP2060
Montreal, Canada 2-way/TAD 4002 Dx38
Denver, Colorado 2-way/K69 Dx38 & DCX2496 (two pairs)
Nashville, TN 2-way/TAD 4002 Passives (also multiple Jub bass bins)
Hayden, Idaho 2-way/ TAD 4002 Dx38
Richmond, Virginia 2-way/402/TAD 4002 EV DC-One
Norwich, England 2-way/K69 Dx38
Sydney, Australia 2-way/K69 Ashley NE880

With one exception (noted above), all have the K-402 hf horn, KPT-KHJ-LF bass bin, and are made by Klipsch in Hope, AR.

I believe that everything else called a "Klipsch Jubilee" or "Jubilee bass bin" but that is not made by Klipsch--is a clone.

[;)]

I would guess there are more of them out there, but we just aren't aware of them.

This is actually a true statement--according to Roy...[:-*] In addition to home-consumer speakers, the above isn't counting commercial installations...

This would be my preference:

I presume you're aware that the midbass unit has been updated?

If I have the understanding correct, they now use a K402 (yes, that K402 [Y]) with an 8" driver

http://www.klipsch.com/product/65527.108774.0.0.0/1012627/_/KPT-305-MB

From what I understand, Mark 1101 has the first pair (maybe "residential" pair)

post-15072-13819666409386_thumb.jpg

"If I have the understanding correct, they now use a K402 (yes, that K402 Yes) with an 8" driver "

That would be fine for hi-fi, but I would hope it has an appropriate throat.

Because Roy is new to the whole concept of how a throat 'might' impact performance [;)] If you run the numbers, the throat distortion is nowhere near the driver distortion, or the peak SPL. It surprised me at first, but it's how it works out.

OK guys, how do we tell which Jubilee? The KPT-Jubilee, the KPT-Jubilee 535, or the two way Jubilee. Or is anything with a Jubilee bass bin a Jubilee?

A rose by any other name...

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/144087/1474234.aspx

City/State Format Crossover
Maryville, TN 2-way/TAD 4002 Dx38
Jacksonville, Florida 2-way/TAD 4002 Dx38
Chattanooga, TN 3-way Passive 3-way
Slough, England 2-way/K69 Dx38 and passive
Silverton, Colorado 2-way/TAD 4002 Crown XTi
Russellville, Arkansas 2-way/K69 Crown XTi
Bay City, Michigan 2-way/K510/K69 Passive
Lafayette, Lousiana 2-way/K69 Crown XTi
Arlington, Texas 2-way/TAD 4002 Dx38
Waco, Texas 2-way/K69 Dx38
Westhampton, Mass. 2-way/K69 Crown XTi
Austin, Texas 2-way/K69 Dx38
Buffalo, New York
2-way/EV DH1A Dx38
Indianapolis, Indiana 2-way/K69 XTi
Benton, Main 2-way/K69 XTi, passive, and Dx38
Oak Forest, Illinois 2-way/K69 Passive
Cologne, Germany 2-way/TAD 4002 Yamaha SP2060
Montreal, Canada 2-way/TAD 4002 Dx38
Denver, Colorado 2-way/K69 Dx38 & DCX2496 (two pairs)
Nashville, TN 2-way/TAD 4002 Passives (also multiple Jub bass bins)
Hayden, Idaho 2-way/ TAD 4002 Dx38
Richmond, Virginia 2-way/402/TAD 4002 EV DC-One
Norwich, England 2-way/K69 Dx38
Sydney, Australia 2-way/K69 Ashley NE880

With one exception (noted above), all have the K-402 hf horn, KPT-KHJ-LF bass bin, and are made by Klipsch in Hope, AR.

I believe that everything else called a "Klipsch Jubilee" or "Jubilee bass bin" but that is not made by Klipsch--is a clone.

Wink

To bad the K-403 never went into production as I think that is the one Paul had the custom wood horn made from no? Still think to this date that was the best looking Jub of all[:D]

To bad the K-403 never went into production as I think that is the one Paul had the custom wood horn made from no? Still think to this date that was the best looking Jub of allBig Smile

Definately nice looking, however, (to anyone that has talked to Roy), is my memory correct that Roy said PWK heard the K403 and production problems aside, said he wanted a still larger horn?

That's what the little voice in the back of my head is saying. I reserve the right to have faulty memory [:D]

I do know they said that they couldn't find anyone in the world that could hold the necessary manufacturing tolerances on the wooden K403.....what good is it if it looks good, but sounds off? That had to be a hard one to swallow as I'm sure they were close and probably sounded relatively good.

"I have no idea what the actual Sd of the driver is, but I am guessing the compression ratio is somewhere between 15 and 20 (a sloppy guess, I know). "

More like 10:1, but still not a good idea.

I like cone driven horns, but I draw the line at about a 4:1 compression ratio.

To bad the K-403 never went into production as I think that is the one Paul had the custom wood horn made from no? Still think to this date that was the best looking Jub of allBig Smile

Definately nice looking, however, (to anyone that has talked to Roy), is my memory correct that Roy said PWK heard the K403 and production problems aside, said he wanted a still larger horn?

That's what the little voice in the back of my head is saying. I reserve the right to have faulty memory Big Smile

Well, I won't get into a contest about who has the poorer memory.

However, I thought PWK's comment was that the K-510 was too small (not the K-403).

For the rest of the folks: The K-402 and the K-510 control directivity in both the horizontal and vertical directions, while the K-403 only controls directivity in the horizontal IOW, the vertical dispersion narrows in the vertical as you go up in frequency). The advantage to the K-402 (the big guy) is that is controls vertical dispersion down to the crossover point (about 500Hz); however the K-510 (its little brother) only controls the vertical down to about 1500 - 2000 Hz. Hence, the comment about the K-510 being a bit small, at least as I remember and understand things.

"I have no idea what the actual Sd of the driver is, but I am guessing the compression ratio is somewhere between 15 and 20 (a sloppy guess, I know). "

More like 10:1, but still not a good idea.

I like cone driven horns, but I draw the line at about a 4:1 compression ratio.

DJK: Thanks for correcting my sloppy guess.

What is it that gives out when you go to a higher degree of compression? Is it that the magnetic strength gives out or is the mechanics of the cone and supsension that give out?

It's actually 16:1 and is using a tighter suspension so that it doesn't flex under high SPL. It's gonna do the higher frequencies so much better than the 12" midbass it's replacing. My last horn used a lighter compression ratio than the design wanted based on your comments Dennis, and that is one of the few things I regretted. Newer drivers designed for horn loading are so much better these days because they've been engineered to address some of the shortcomings. I'm not saying it couldn't be better, but such blanket claims are ignorant of everything happening within the design.