Justin, board members, bumper stickers, and klipsch logo update. who wants one

arfz28

Justin, just got off the phone and talked to a guy that lives in my town about making up some logos and bumper stickers. The guy says he thinks can do them, I am going over to his house next week to make sure it can be done. Now for the cost I don't know if the price will scare you and any of the board members off, so here is the deal. It cost 25 bucks just for the set up. that would be 25 bucks for the bumper sticker and 25 bucks for the logo.Each sticker will cost about 7 bucks to make. I dont' know if this is to high or if that is in everyones price range. So I would need about 9 or 10 bucks per sticker to break even. the logo will be the type that goes onto the inside of the back glass in pickups and cars or any other glass or window place you would like them. I think about a 6x4 or6x6 or8x8 inches will be about the size I will get. I need to know how many people want one at about 9 or 10 bucks a piece. If I can have them made cheaper the price will drop. Please tell me on this post if you are really interested in buying one of these bumper stickers, or logos that goes on the glass of your car or truck. Justin can you post your bumber stickes on this post so everyone can see them, and also put that klipsch black logo, the smaller verson so the board members know what they are going to get.Also Justin what size bumper sticker to you want me to have made up. I have the one you want but I need to know how big to have the guy make it. thanks all and please reply to this post if you are interested. I need at least 20 or so people or I just cant afford to go on with this project it would be to costly just to make a couple of bumber stickers and logos. THANKS ALL.

Yeah, they will send the Klipsch mob after you to smash your knees!

I know it will probably be copyright infingement, but Klipsch would not spend a few grand a lawyer to nab a FEW people that have a Klipsch bumper sticker.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Well, I simply forgot about copyright and all that legal stuff. Can a board moderator tell me if I can make a copy of there logo and put it on a bumper sticker or one for a window of a car. If I can't do it I will drop the issue right now. Something that is funny though is how people can post plans on how to build a klipsch horn or a lascala and that seems to be no problem. I would think Klipsch would be mad. Most likly the patent must have run out. Anyway this would be good advertisment for klipsch and my car and me would be very happy.

Being in the legal bithneth I believe you can put the sticker out as long as it A.)does not deviate from the logo used, B.) does not defame Klipsch in any way, C.) you or anyone does not make any profit from it, directly or indirectly. The only other way to get around it would be if you are "the competition" (hey, no flames). For instance, if you were Bose making a sticker to put down Klipsch.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

This message has been edited by tblasing on 05-11-2002 at 07:41 PM

Jesus, DON'T worry about it. I you sell them, NO. If you have a bad message ("Klipsch blows"), NO. If you are advertising for the company, YEAH!

Do it, Klipsch is not going to spend thousands of dollars presuing someone who loves their company and is not causing thousands of dollars of damage to them. Use logic, do it if you want to.

If you are concerned about the legal aspects, CALL Klipsch and they probably have someone who could specifically tell you about the legal aspects of your project!

Enjoy! Get the printer going, but don't sell them!

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

I will email Cris Pyle about this.

My contact had the bumper stickers for 80 cents to $1.20 each.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Just emailed Cris, we will have to await her answer. She is the director of Marketing for Klipsch, so she will probably be the best person for an answer.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

Thanks Justin. See what Cris pile says and get back with me on this. The price you found for the bumper stickers are a lot better than I can get. But I bet you might have to order a lot of them to get that price. I really don't know if I can sell these bumper stickers or logos even if I break even on the deal because of copyright and all of that legal stuf.Im not out to make a buck just would like to get some logos out to the people that want them. I think most likly I would have to give them away to make it legal.

Klipsch should be giving YOU the bumper stickers. Mountain bike companies give away tones of VERY NICE stickers all the time, Klipsch should do the same.

------------------

Does Klipsch make or plan to make a wall plaque similar to those by Dolby and DTS? "This Theatre Features DTS Digital Sound". I have the DTS one and since my new setup will be all Klipsch I figured it would be cool to get a matching plaque for that too.

i don't plan to make any money on this. that is why the price was so low, besides that i will have to get 100-200 at a time Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

quote:

Hi Justin! Thanks for your enthusiasm for Klipsch products. You can make stickers for your own personal use or to give to others, but you cannot sell them or make in any significant quantities. I will look into making at least one type of sticker to sell on the web site. Thanks for the suggestion and if you have any other questions, please let me know.

so.... i guess i can just absorbe the cost of producing the stickers?cwm6.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

in the thread:does klipsch make a bumper sticker? someone posted a link to a bumper sticker site and i had TWO (only) made for about $4 each! i chose the background and inserted the phrase: Klipsch...So good it Hz!!! they sent them w/in a week.

avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

Do you guys really want to pay for stickers????

talk about looooooossssssseeeerrrrrsssssssss!!!!

steve (avman) email me the prices of the new sub like yours from the guy at klipsch who gave you the employee deal.

ps- you were right those energy speakers i had for demo suck *** hard!! how do you sell so much of it online--i guess online idiots are a dime a dozen...

remember to email us at www.noav.com

we have some "special close-out high-commission items to move fast"

sv

Deam, I have an american flag I paid for on the back of my pickup. Am I a looooooooser for displaying that or any other sticker I want to display. I think a way to become a real looooooser is to visit the web site you posted above and buy something from them, that is If you are working for them.

Deam is a sore spot on Steve's ***. Don't know who the guy is but it seems there must be something personal. All of his posts(that I can remember)were critical of Steve. The link is to Steve's(avman)work.

Just a note to those who want to use logos of Klipsch. The original Logo as was recently posted on the memorial page to PWK on this site is owned by PWK (now owned by his widow, Mrs. Valerie, I am sure), NOT owned by the corporation. Copyright of it is not controlled by the corporation. But the logo now used IS copyrighted by the corporation, as is "a legend in sound".

One of the reasons the "old pie-slice PWK" speaker logos are not available from Klipsch Audio Technologies is that they do not have the copyright for it, among other old copyrights that PWK had in his own name and never turned over.

I could go into detail about why PWK kept certain copyrights in his name, but that is not for this public forum...I will say this though..he retained those copyrights ever since the late 1970's...figure it out for yourself or you can email me for the reasons.

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 05-15-2002 at 10:14 AM