Finally a Unified Front Stage: Three KLF-30's (Pics)

superedge88

Well Christmas came early, I saw a set of KLF-30's on Craigslist, mentioned it to the Treasurer (Wife) and I purchased them. I now have 3 KLF-30's as my front stage in my temporary home theater. I say temporary because we'll be tearing down the wall that the TV hangs on to expand the room by almost double. As you can see I have some before and after pics. The wife has been so kind as to giving me some of our extra funds because she knows just how much this hobby means to me.

As for how this sounds...Wow. It is amazing how seamless the front stage now is, so impactful!!! Gonna keep putting the new front stage through some tough blurays and see what happens. (Shameful plug) I have my extra KLF-30 available in the Garage section for anyone else that wants to do this, as well as the center channel KLF-C7.

Before Pic

Posted Image

One of the newer KLF-30's that came in its original box!

Posted Image

After with Clothes on

Posted Image

After Naked

Posted Image

• Moderators

That is great, there's nothing better than an exact match. I think they should bring back the KLF- 30, probably sell like crazy if the price wasn't crazy. I have not heard the 30's but everyone seems to love them.

When you knock down that wall and move everything try to spread your front L&R as wide as you can now that you have a perfect center to cover the difference, the width helps alot.

That even looks better. [H]

if it has a quality 3 way sound, not necessarily like the heritage, but a good "extra" sound because of the midrange, i think it would make it all the more worth it.

Worth it to use the 30 as a center or to spread then apart?

The front stage will be spread out once the room us enlarged since the tuba will be behind the couch then instead of taking up room in the front stage.

NIIIIIIIICE[H]

It's good to see more and more doing this. A few suggestions......

Since you plan to double the size of the room, keep the fourth KLF30, add two more, then increase the screen size at a later date to match the size of the sonics you will then be experiencing. You will then have a theater that would be pretty much "upgrade proof", aside from source changes that will probably occur over the future decades.

I did similar with all Cornwalls, and OMG was it ever worth the effort. My wife thought I was a little nuts - especially in the "interim" stages of building the beast - but now that all the pieces of the puzzle are in place, she understands - COMPLETELY.

Again, congrats on your progress. Well done!

I right now just have a spare 42" LCD in the mix, I have a 52" that is being used to stage a house with that will be replacing the 42 once the house sells. I don't have room to do a 5.1 in all KLF-30s or else I would keep the extra I have. Instead I have RSX-5's to complete a 7.1 that I will be mounting once we expand the living room, I know that it sounds like an odd match to put the RSX-5s in with the KLF's but they do quite well with blending in and are a dream to mount on the wall and have some pretty good sensitivity. The next upgrades will be to make the mids and the tweets in the KLF's all Titanium, then the crossovers, then.... pure enjoyment. [:D]