Outlaw 7125 7x125wpc amp has arrived

SuBXeRo

Today my Outlaw 7125 arrived [H]
I took it out of the box and i inspected it and its a beast [Y]
I hooked it up and its sounds phenomenal [<:o)]

As is stands, i have just the 5 channels hooked up, no biamping the 7's yet since i dont have a second set of cords worthy to power them. Some of you have followed my XPA-5 humm/buzz threads and ground loops and what not and i bought this outlaw as a replacement for the xpa-5 that i sold about a week and half ago. This new amp, hooked up to the same emotiva x series rca's does not have a buzz/hum to it. I have my amp out of the cabinet as shown in the pictures below but the xpa-5 did the same thing in or out of the cabinet. I dont know what the deal was with the xpa-5 whether it was gain or just different engineered circuitry but this amps is pretty much 100% dead silent. There is a very very very very slight static from the horn but that is somewhat to be expected and you have to be in the horn basically.

Differences between the XPA-5 and the Outlaw 7125 that i have noticed so far is that the gain is less on the outlaw, the power cord is fixed on the outlaw (i guess this is ok), the interior circuitry seems to be more basic in the outlaw, the power specs are also different both in wattage and method of determining power (emotiva rates their power at 1khz and outlaw rates theirs full range), no pops at all and no pre-static noise in all speakers on the outlaw (the xpa-5 always had that sudden rush of static which subsides about 1 second later). The outlaw is also quieter (the amp itself). I noticed a slight hum noise at first but its actually the amp vibrating the table. I picked the amp up and the noise went away!

Both amps appears to be built like tanks, both amps are black but the outlaw seems to be less rich in blackness (A OK in my book). They both have soft start type technology but the outlaw seems to be better as mentioned above. Both have a very quality sound. While i feel the XPA-5 is more of a neutral/bright amp the outlaw so far seems to be a bit neutral/warm IMO. Only extended listening will let me truly decide.

So far my conclusion is very short as i have only had the amp running for about 2 hours. I like the amp, its acting as an amp should in my opinion and it feels like a rock solid competitor. I dont know what was with my XPA-5 whether it was bum luck, bad design, high gain, bad grounds in the cables, poor shielding, who knows? I cant speak ill of it as it performed as it was designed i suppose and if it was designed and was perfoming as it should have and wires and external lound loops werent the cause then I dont feel that Emtoiva XPA amps are a solid choice for klipsch users and Outlaw Audio may filll a void for us in the qaulity, affordable power amp category (or atleast it did for me).

I will be evaluating the amp for sometime before i post an extended review of this product.

front.jpg

rear.jpg

top.jpg

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

side3.jpg

insidecloseup.jpg

thedomain.jpg

i do like stuff made in the US too and i think it helps in this case. Its a very classy amp. My original plan was to get a model 7075 for the tweeters on all the speakers. Depending on how this goes, i may have to splurge in the future and get the 7075, who knows!

I am a an idiot...I had my colors switched on my rca's so left was right and vice versa for god knows how long, sheesh!

Depending on how this goes, i may have to splurge in the future and get the 7075, who knows!

Lol. No such thing as too much power on tap I guess.

I am a an idiot...I had my colors switched on my rca's so left was right and vice versa for god knows how long, sheesh!

Happens to the best of us, usually more than we like to admit. I never admit it though [:P]

First, Congrats on a good purchase.I had a 7125 for about a year and I thought it was a really good amp.It is well built, had plenty power for my 7's.I sold it when I moved up to a Rotel 1095 for a while.There was two reasons I moved on and neither was performance based, it works well with Klipsch.One reason and it's just personal but I didn't care for the paint job on smooth metal, I prefer brushed metals.It's also a funny grey which is kinda odd.I had the 990, another great performer.It too had a bad paint job(flat/shiney spots), I told Outlaw and they said wipe some ArmorAll on it, no kiddin'.I never could get past the looks of the set and moved on.After a few more amp trials I ended up with my Emotiva and have never felt the need to upgrade.

The high power Emotiva amps may not be good for Klipsch, but the 125 watters work really good with a silence I have never had in the digital age.I have cursed many a great amp and prepro for noise problems.The worst being a fantastic sounding Parasound amp, it had a hum I could never get rid of but sounded wonderful still.I also had a Rotel prepro that sounded great but had a hiss from hell that drove me nuts..Enjoy the sound, I know it's a killer amp.

I bought the sr5005 as well and got the amp at discount since i bought them separately within 30 days, i saved 200 since thats what the combo is.

Electronics are funny animals to say the least. I wonder what their 5x200 watt sounds like, if its still as quiet despite the extra power. That sucks though your parasound and rotel both gave you issues, thats so wierd, i mean, these are expensive components, who knows.

that model 978 does look interesting. Hopefully it isnt thwarted with issues like i have heard on some of their previous models. They are designing it 100% themselves this time to their exact specs and should have better control of the uality and performance of the unit as opposed to their older models. It looks like a beast! Its going to be expensive is my guess around $1500-$2000 is my guess.

I have followed outlaw from time to time over the years and im starting to pan around their forum

That model 978 looks intresting. I wonder how that will turn out.

More like "when" it will ever turn out. I had my eye on that forever, but broke down for the marantz av7005 because I just couldn't wait any longer. It's experienced setback after setback, particularly w/ their latest Audyssey implementation. This isn't to bash Outlaw though (trust me I love 'em), they're taking their time and getting it right the first time, which I completely respect. And I've compared the 7500 to the Levinson No433 I'm currently running. The Levinson is better, but the difference is nowhere NEAR worth the difference in price. If anything, I was more impressed w/ the Outlaw that day for the price/performance ratio. Awfully musical amps and best bang for the buck IMO. I just couldn't wait any longer for a pre/pro and have been happy with the Marantz FWIW.

To the OP, congrats on the 7125 I'm sure you'll love it!

Ive heard of mark levinson but havent looked at his stuff. i saw the monolith tower amp and i said to myself "with that design and staure, i am better off not even looking".

I am excited to take everything for a test run tonight and watch Cowboys and Aliens. I bought some aurlex sub dude HD's and i want to test them out too tonight but i am giving them to myself for christmas. rar!! only a few more days!!!

I have the 7700 Outlaw amp driving my RF7 line (see sig below). It ROCKS!

I am also waiting on the 978, but I was under the impression it was going to be in the $800-900 range, with a discount to current/old 990 purchasers. And yes, it has been in development (publicy) for a minimum of 2 years, if not 3.

This past summer, they commented they hoped to have it out by the end of this year, which is not looking good right now.

The Outlaw amps are beasts. I have mine running with XLR cables.

Thankfully the noise isnt there or isnt audible. I would like to know exactly why and not speculate you know?

I watched a movie and some tv with my dad and i asked him how he thought it sounded. His comment was is sounded smoother. I noticed it as well and i thinks is crisper as w imo. I dont feel like i have lost any power. Even at a reference level, cowboys and aliens sounded great. This is audio bliss for me that it sounds and works like i expected it ti.

You haven't lost any power cause you were not using the power you had.I've had everything up to 550 watts per channel, 100~125 per ch is all that's needed with Klipsch.

this is very trur, it is nice though to know that you have overhead, in my case, i suppose i have overhead above what i normally use.