Johnnydrama's Home Theater Past, Present, & Future

johnnydrama

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are to be congratulated for your install skills!&nb; You sure know how to make the most of the space that you have. I tend to see rooms laid out as such to be an HT challenge (as in "there's no room for Cornwalls back there"), but you have made it look great!

Thank you very much sir. I do the best I can with what I have to work with.

Surround Left

Might sound even better angled out, or moved from that side wall...

I agree however I wasn't comfortable mounting these monsters to tilt mounts and also that would have made them stick out from the walls even farther resulting in my front door hitting the surround right, therefore I used flush mounts. As for moving it away from the back wall its about an inch away and this is due to the fact to help hide the speaker wire that if you look closely runs under the corner bead up the wall. I wasn't able to have the place prewired when built so I had to do some carpentry work to make it work. I appreciate your advice and I had considered both but as previously stated room aesthetics are important to me as well and ill sacrifice a lil sound quality for a very clean look as opposed to an ouch look at that ugly speaker wire or holes in the wall.

Replaced my JBL CSB5 stereo setup in my bedroom last night with a set of Klipsch S-10 Surrounds. I know I know I'll probably get flamed for this, using surrounds as mains in a stereo setup, but I've always wanted to try it. I understand the tweeters won't be directly aimed at me so the imaging may be off a bit or won't be that of standard bookshelfs. However I have to admit I like the sound that I was getting from these last night. My viewing distance is only about 12 ft. and the soundstage seems absolutely huge with the reciever listening mode set to theater dimensional. So bash if you'd like but I really like it, especially on action scenes as I was watching the end of Inception last night and it sounded like I had a full 5.1 setup. I have these ran through a Bose Acoustimass passive bass module, I know it's Bose, but got it for free and my wife would kill me if I got a Sub for our bedroom, besides the module adds all the bass I need while watching TV in bed. Best thing about the S-10s is I only paid $140 for the pair brand new from HHGregg. While I was there I picked up a new Onkyo TX-8255 stereo reciever for $149 for my garage setup where I get my P90x and Insanity on. I had these Pro Studio speakers for sale in the garage sale section for a few weeks with no buyers so I decided to clean em up and get some use out of them. Not the most refined speaker but the output is great and they can go pretty low with dual 15" woofers. And they have HORNSSSSS! Anyways heres a few picks of my new bedroom and garage setups.

post-53316-1381968616498_thumb.jpg

Wanted to post some pics of my EPIK Legend and give everyone my thoughts on this sub. I think it's perfect for my space, easily the best performing sub I've ever owned. Being a sealed sub it is very clean and tight. Did some gaming last night with my bro in law, I never game bc I no longer own a gaming system but he brought his 360 over. I primarily just watch movies and tv. The sub really got a good workout while playing some COD:MW3. I enjoyed listening to my system more than I did the gameplay itself haha. I also put my system thru it's paces yesterday by demoing the train wreck scene from Super 8 and it was great. Really got a good thump in the chest from my couch on a few instances. The train wreck scene is definitely going to be a go to demo scene for me now. Anyways love the legend and for the price I got it for especially. Here are some pics.

post-53316-13819686539332_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...