A great Chrismas Eve!

Bonzo

There I was, minding my own business, when I saw a pair of Cornwall "II's" for $200 on our local CL. I double checked the calendar and it wasn't April 1st? Had to be a scam, right? Sent an e-mail with my phone numbers etc. Ten minutes later, got a call from the seller. Long story short, I am now the proud owner of a very nice pair of 81 WO Cornwall I's! To top off my great Xmas Eve, he asked if I would be interested in an old Reel to Reel deck, hmmmm? I am now also the proud owner of a Pioneer RT-909 R2R deck in great condition that actually works. Got a half dozen 10" blank reels to boot. It was the best Christmas Eve ever!

Merry "Klipschmas" to all!

post-18652-1381968431608_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the props guys! Gonna pay it forward and give the Pioneer to a very dear friend of mine who is into reels and tubes but has no toy money. Spends any extra cash on putting his two daughters through college. He is one of those guys that would take a bullet for you with no questions asked. He deserves this deck!

After giving it a dusting. cleaning and running some tape through it, I may end up being "Ebenezer Scrouge" and keeping it. My buddy does have a top of the line Akai and a couple/three nice Teacs so he really isn't hurting in the R2R department. I can harly find a mark on it and all the funtions seem to work great. I have no idea if music comes out as all the tapes are blank. I may just have to get back into reels after a 30+ year hiatus?

I am now also the proud owner of a Pioneer RT-909 R2R deck in great condition that actually works.

Very nice deck! I had a serviced 707 given to me and I paid it forward and gave it to Seti. The only issue I had was the speed control switches. After cleaning they were working fine.If it had been the 909 to handle the larger reels, I probably would have kept it.

Bruce

I have decided to give it to my friend. Truthfully, I would likely rarely if ever use it and just end up selling down the road. I know my friend will fix anything that may need fixing and will listen to it every day.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Well, my buddy Tom came over last night in between work. Yep, he had to work 12 hours on Chritmas day and his wife and daughter's are at his in-laws on Vancouver Island. Anyway, he was absolutely thrilled to get the deck. I did have to do some convincing that it was his and he needed to take it home with him. If I know him, which I do, he was likely up past mid-night taking it apart, cleaing and lubing it etc. etc. Can't wait to hear from him today to see if it actually works.