Say it ain't so....

Klipschtastic

I just recently got an Onkyo 8050 to replace my old Sony and Denon receivers from the 80's. I have been at odds with my rf 3s for a while since I've been using my Denon and my Onkyo. Many months ago I was using the Sony, the first amp I had used in years with these speakers which had been in storage. I remembered the way the Rf 3s sang with the little cheap 35 wpc sony from 1986 or 87 and being so excited to have my speakers back.

Today I decided to hook the Sony back up and I swear it sounds clearer and more detailed than the Onkyo. The music seems to be more lively and satisfying and the little qualms I had with the Rf 3s seem to fade for the moment. Symbols sizzle, guitars wail and the music has just a little more "bounce" to it for lack of a better term.

Now these differences aren't THAT dramatic but sometimes the devil is in the detail.

I bought the Onk for the features such as Pandora streaming (which I have yet to use) and remote control.

I bought the Sony when i was kid with a paper route for about $100 and it was one of the cheapest if not THE cheapest Sony at the time.

I don't know what to do now.

Anybody need an Onkyo 8050...lol?

But seriously, it seems like some receivers mate better with certain speakers by accident. Surely the engineers at Sony weren't going to great links to make these cheap little receivers exceptional.

Have you all had any similar experiences?