Cherries Jubilee (HT Build Thread)

Dandoyen

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are discussing options up to me sending it back to be resurfaced and veneered or possibly a new cabinet

Reveneering yours would keep the serial numbers sequential.

Bruce

I'm interested to know what the serial numbers are on your jubilee

I think my replacement Jubilee will have been built after your pair so my serial numbers will be either side of yours with mine finishing with a 4 and a 7.

My Jubilee serial number 3 in photo was damaged in shipping and is now repaired and in the very up market Rydges Hotel Bar at World Square Sydney. It's front panel is covered in wall paper on the front to match in with the wall.

I was hoping to get serial number 5 as the replacement and settle with the odd number being the higher number of the 2. Maybe I should have put a reserve on it. The timing of your acquisition was remarkable considering the frequency of orders for Jubilee.

I better get back to building my first of 4 Tuba HT LP. The templates are almost ready.

Please post your serial numbers.

post-45280-1381968571541_thumb.jpg

I have to agree with Coytee. The front panel is part of the structure

Hey guys, sorry haven't been able to be very active on the forum as of late. I depart for my next "6 month working vacation" next week and the training has really ramped up to get me in the zone. Anyway, back to topic, My front panel is not flush with the front as it is in that photo...it protrudes out so mine is of a different construction method.

I'm interested to know what the serial numbers are on your jubilee

Hi Rod,

I got your email about a week back. Responded with my serials? Anyway, I don't think mine should conflict with yours. Mine are

PTJUBLF11490001 & PTJUBLF11490002 (the scratched one)

Can't post photos today as I am currently visiting family prior to my departure, but I'll be home tomorrow evening and try to get them up then

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just checking in from my new undisclosed location [:P]. Not a terrible gig, accomodations are nicer here than last deployed location so no complaints. Also, got myself a pair of the new Mode M40s right before I left to keep me company on the flight over and in the evenings here, so all is not lost. When paired with even a cheap headphone amp these babies sound GOOD! Don't have the 40 hr burn-in yet, so suspect they can get better. Although I see the potential in them, they're not up to my X-10s level yet, just IMO. The X-10s have a TON of use on them though and fit the ears perfectly. Looking forward to getting the Modes to that level. They sure are beautiful and comfy in the meantime though!!

JUBILEE UPDATE: The day before I left (Fri the 20th), Central Freight picked up my damaged jub bass bin. It is currently back at the factory being refinished and retested for full functionality (shouldn't be any issues there it sounded incredible, just the minor noted cosmetic damage). Should be back at the house safe and sound within a couple of weeks, waiting for me in the box when I return...it'll be christmas all over again! Maybe I'll box 'em up every time I leave so I have a nice surprise to come home too [:P]

Take it easy y'all and spin a record or drink a beer for me!!

Dan

Dude totally stoaked for you! Stay safe, make some good cash and try not to spend it all by filling up your garage with online orders before you get home :) (I know it's hard)

And don't forget about the deployed Savings Deposit Program. Up to $10k while you are deployed and Annual guaranteed rate of 10% compounded annually.

Guest Anonymous

And that scratch perfectly corresponds to the hole in the box...claim filed w/ American Cinema equipment now...being EXTREMELY helpful I've had nothing but a first-rate experience dealing with them.

I ordered Cherry Jubs about 12 days ago(not that im counting). nice to see what they will look like when they arrive. this has been the longest wait ever...trust me. I'm hoping they arrive with no damages(fingers crossed). I too ordered from the same place, American Cinema equipment. This is the second order i had with these folks, and they were great to deal with both times. [Y] I'd recommend them.

try not to spend it all by filling up your garage with online orders before you get home :) (I know it's hard)

And don't forget about the deployed Savings Deposit Program. Up to $10k while you are deployed and Annual guaranteed rate of 10% compounded annually.

Hi Beechnut,

Appreciate the advice and I know it's well-intentioned. I actually know all about the SDP, but stay away intentionally. That'd be a step backwards for me. I pull a higher rate of return with current investment strategy. I'm VERY particular about my finances, and haven't spent a penny that I didn't have to spend. I've been very fortunate in the investment, savings, and retirement accounts, and believe me they take priority. Home audio is solely out of discretionary funds (which is only a small percentage). The Jubilee purchase and associated equipment was not impulse, it was a calculated decision planned out over a significant period of time. Actually still haven't touched the money from last deployment. It's going to work for me! [:D]

Not trying to throw spears or anything here, no offense intended.

In early conversations with Roy, when I was helping some of the first Jubilee guys into their speakers, we were getting the first requests for a veneered model. I coined the term 'beauty panel' for the extra veneered panel that made the KPT-535 more home-friendly.

Four Tuba HT ?! Man you really go all out don't you!!

The 1st Tuba HT LP got a workout today up to the point where the 3 HF units were at full power. The Tuba was at about -13db.

It is really good next will be a pair for my LaScala and then a full size to go with my Jubs.

That is depending on how many other requests I get in the mean time People like it. It feels really good.[:D]

Here is a photo before gluing and screwing it together. All the parts are just sitting in the 3mm deep groves I routed into the side. I was test fitting all the pieces together before final assembly. There is a home made clamp holding the front and back panels in position adjacent to the side.

post-45280-13819687892558_thumb.jpg

In early conversations with Roy, when I was helping some of the first Jubilee guys into their speakers, we were getting the first requests for a veneered model. I coined the term 'beauty panel' for the extra veneered panel that made the KPT-535 more home-friendly.

From what I have seen the beauty panel is nothing more than 1/4" veneered peice of plywood attached to the face of the factory panel.

Dan...

I've got a build question...

It looks to me as though the Cherry panel on front actually extends out from the otherwise 'plane' of the speaker, as though perhaps, it was added on to a panel under it which itself might be "on" the plane of the speaker?

When I look at my speakers, take the base plate where it exits the bass bin. Although there is a cut back angle there, it's one continuous line of parts, there is not a 3/4" extension butting out where the center part is.

Can you provide a specific picture to that?

The point to realize here is, if yours has a panel "attached to the front" of the substructure (for cosmetic purposes) then your build and any others like it would strike me as being more like the original design as per PWK.

It would allow the attachment of 3/4" thick grills on the side without having to inset them since they'd have this raised panel to butt up against.

I don't have my camera here with me so I'll root for some pictures to explain in case the words above don't do it.

If what I'm seeing is accurate, I personally find it very interesting for future Jubilee buyers.... as it seems to me the speaker bass bin is closer to the "pretty" unit that we've all seen PWK standing next to.

Here's one of the prototypes with the raised panel. You can see a grill on the far side and how it sat on top/front of the speaker. It was triangle shaped.

On the near side of the speaker, you can sort of see a line from the edge of the pretty front panel, straight back and that area would represent the triangle of the top of the grill and the grill of course, ran down the front, butting up to the raised panel.

This unit ALSO had a 3/4" raised (extended) lip on the base portion where the grill could sit. This extended base portion would have been flush with the pretty front panel.

This panel is not like the one I saw. This IS a 3/4" beauty panel