Super Bowl Half Time Show

sean5340

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once it got started I was forced to finish airing it. Why, you may ask? Well because my 2 male dogs just seemed to really like the show or Madonna, I am uncertain what the attraction was. But they were riveted to the tube, both of them. Maybe it was the fancy outfits or the cheesy choreography? But deep in my heart methinx it was Madonna herself. My little Basset-hound/Dachshund mix was all googly eyed and he gave out a yip when she vanished into that vaporous cloud. And they both slept soundly last night. Go figure.

LOL, now that made me chuckle... [:D]

Since it's a football game, and since all over America marching bands play at halftime, might I suggest a BIG marching band? Preferably one from an ALL BLACK college. The kind of marching band that puts TONS O' FUNK in the music and their routine.

I dunno. Just a thought. Or, how about Trombone Shorty? If unfamiliar, google his Austin CIty Limits appearance. It's avaliable on YouTube and worth the time spent watching.

Respectfully submitted,

Douglas C. Niedermeyer,

Sargeant at Arms.

Since it's a football game, and since all over America marching bands play at halftime, might I suggest a BIG marching band? Preferably one from an ALL BLACK college. The kind of marching band that puts TONS O' FUNK in the music and their routine.

I

Now that's an idea...

I

Now that's an idea...

Great idea!

I

Now that's an idea...

During 1967 and 1968 the Grambling Tiger Marching Band performed in Super Bowls I and II prior to the NFL championship game being officially called The Super Bowl. Grambling's 1967 performance was named "One of the Top 10 Super Bowl Halftime Shows" by Sports Illustrated magazine. However, several of the others in their top 10 would not be my top 10.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0901/top.10.super.bowl.halftime.shows/content.1.html

There was a few years when they got it right with Springsteen, Petty and The Who.

So who's gonna play next year?

WILCO?

You wish! I have a feeling you will be just as likely to see Wilco perform as I would be likely to see Nightwish perform there.

I am afraid it will probably be something like Justin Beiber or another sickly saccarhin Disney production. Hey, maybe we will see a return of Up With People! [6] If that is the case, I hope I won't be stuck somewhere that I'd be forced to sit through it like last year when I was in Park City, UT and was forced to sit through the Black Eyed Peas (I KNEW I should've brought my iPod and headphones!). At least this year, I was at home and the source-selection button plus my CDs were close at hand to not have to suffer through this last halftime show.

As hideous as yesterdays show was, you had to go and mention last years Black Eyed Peas show. Now that was one phenomenally heinous extravaganza. Thanks for picking open a festering pustule in the memory of my warped mind!

If we can't get the funksters, how bout they bring back the Sweedish Bikini Team and let them lip synch Devo songs? Since TALENT is no longer a requirement we may as well enjoy what we have to watch.

There was a few years when they got it right with Springsteen, Petty and The Who.

So who's gonna play next year?

WILCO?

You wish! I have a feeling you will be just as likely to see Wilco perform as I would be likely to see Nightwish perform there.

I am afraid it will probably be something like Justin Beiber or another sickly saccarhin Disney production. Hey, maybe we will see a return of Up With People! Devil

I've heard that the King Family, the Lennon Sisters and the New Christy Minstrels are be available for next year.

I’ll preface this by stating if everyone in this country had
my attitude toward “Professional” sports, all the athletes would need 9-5 jobs
to make ends meet.

The Super Bowl is the only football game I’m likely to watch
all year. I caught the majority of
this one, mostly because someone at work got cocky and threw down a challenge
with some serious backstory that the Pats would win. So I took the Midgets.

Tuned in for the toss only to watch one player reach across
the line to shake an opposing player’s hand and get nothing back in return but
a cold stare. Nice. If I was his coach I’d a put him in a
pink tutu and busted him to Water Boy.

Come half time I couldn’t change the channel fast enough. Never cared for the music or her as a
person. The only half time show I
can recall (I was captive at the Boss’s house) was put on by Prince, and while
I’m a small fan of the little guy I do respect his big talent – and he tore it
up. My honest opinion though: can
the fluff, cut the ticket prices in half, shut up and play football.

Postscript: “Victory was mine!”