Cinema F-20 build thread

CECAA850

• 1 month later...

Thanks Mr. Clean. She's turning out to be a pretty cool kid so far - I'll be sure to include her in one of the pictures showing off its paint job.

Give me till the end of August and I'll have her painted and pictured.

Tick Tock.

it's only the 9th, and now that my arcade project is back up and playable i can focus on finishing this paint job. :P

Any generic household primer will work fine. If you're going for the finish I ended up with, buy flat black latex interior paint. Use a rough nap roller to apply the primer and top coat. Normally you can apply the top coat 2 hours after the primer. You can wait longer if you like. I'd recomend at least pulling the bolts on the cover and the terminal cup to make it look nice. The cover has been on long enough where it might stay on without the bolts. Pull the cup before you pull the cover bolts. Don't worry about the bottom[;)].

yours? or another commission piece?

Neither.

Mallette (Dave) wanted to build one and I told him I'd help him chop up the plywood. He drove over from Houston with his friend Ron (Lonelobo) yesterday afternoon. My next build will be a Table Tuba for the back porch. The 25Hz tapped horn that I was going to put out there will be going in my daughters bedroom.

very cool :)

Absolutely. I always enjoy meeting someone from the forum. We were pretty busy but did have time to visit some. I really impressed him with my woodworking skills at the first board I ripped was about an inch and a half off. I can only imagine what was going through his head! We ended up cutting everything else correct and had wood to spare.

My dog however was not gracious to Ron. I guess it was the crutches as I've never had him act that way to someone once they're in the house. He had a full stand of hair down the middle of his back that was at attention and wouldn't stop barking. Bad dog. Everything else went well.

I find it amazing, that a eight thousand dollar Powermatic HPS Saw can make the same mistakes, that a 49.95 hand hand held Skil Saw can make.....Go figure......!

Yep, I see no need for expensive cutting equipment when I can screw up just as well on the cheap.