Cinema F-20 build thread

CECAA850

its horrible. i cant differentiate between sub and mains when playing music. action movies wont stop vibrating everything in my house. movies in general sound far too dynamic and my system doesn't strain nearly enough to replicate sound. friends won't stop being impressed and jealous. and i didn't spend nearly enough money to get a sub of such horrible performance. :P

That's too bad, all that hard work for nothing =^(

its horrible. i cant differentiate between sub and mains when playing music. action movies wont stop vibrating everything in my house. movies in general sound far too dynamic and my system doesn't strain nearly enough to replicate sound. friends won't stop being impressed and jealous. and i didn't spend nearly enough money to get a sub of such horrible performance. :P

That's too bad, all that hard work for nothing =^(

lol, indeed. fortunately my wife absolutely loves it and isn't bothered by the size. i can't imagine a scenario where I would need to switch to any different or perceivably better. sure, there's plenty of content below 20hz these days but I definitely don't feel like I'm missing out. it's definitely a keeper and high on my recommendation list for anyone who has the time, space, and confidence to put one together.

and the project is now complete..

_1040332.jpg

_1040331.jpg

That is one of my all time favourite finish textures. Awesome Colour. Having the speaker a feature works very well in that corner. It's like painting fire pipes red rather than trying to hide them.

• 5 months later...

Time to put the paddles to this one...

Carl and Ron (Lonelobo) will gather at my house this coming Saturday to see how far we can get in assembling the F-20 Carl helped (OK, did the bulk of the work on) us cut at his home last summer.

Should be fun. Hope the weather continues to cooperate as it's AWESOME here the past couple of weeks. A mild front with rain on Wednesday, but hopefull the weekend will be nice.

Should be a fun day, and I look forward to getting this beastie on line. Already wondering about how to get it upstairs...

Film at eleven. Will try to get plenty shots for upload here.

Dave

fortunately my wife absolutely loves it and isn't bothered by the size. i can't imagine a scenario where I would need to switch to any different or perceivably better. sure, there's plenty of content below 20hz these days but I definitely don't feel like I'm missing out. it's definitely a keeper and high on my recommendation list for anyone who has the time, space, and confidence to put one together.

Some men have no woman to worry about, some men have a tolerant wife, but the best scenario is having a wife who loves movies and music as much as you do and showing it all off to friends and family is routine.

AFAIK, most Commercial Movie Plex subs in American Malls don't go below 25 Hz. so at 20Hz. you already are ahead of the game. My sub is a slimmer version of the 30x60" dimension, only 14" thick instead of your 21". Because it's a tapped horn, it goes to 15Hz. and shakes floors and walls in a huge commercial space. I can only imagine what an straight horn loaded 18" driver does, which is should be about 3-6 db more output, lots of gasps and OMG's from your guests. I would probably need to build a second one to get close to your output capability. Hmmmmm sounds like a new plant to me.