Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Here is what I'm enjoying this evening.

DSC_0244.jpg

A nice bottle (or two) of some 2012 Beaujolais Nouveau (excellent this year). Two different cheeses: 1) a double creme Brie and 2) a very dry Manchego (from Spain).

Also, I have two baguette's. Some Greek olives, along with some smoked almonds, accompany this nosh.

DSC_0245.jpg?t=1357951434

Good evening my good foodies !

Jeff, thanks so much for your posts, I read through and enjoyed along with YOU! Bet that potato WAS great !! [Y]

BOXX!, excellent nosh for this fine Friday evening [:)] Wine, cheese and olives..... the PERECT NOSH! All I can add to that iis some cold, smoked smoked salmon (which we have here)..

Thanks guys for posting...............LOVE it !

..........Gary

Stemless vino glass noted [;)]

Good evening my good foodies !

Jeff, thanks so much for your posts, I read through and enjoyed along with YOU! Bet that potato WAS great !! Yes

BOXX!, excellent nosh for this fine Friday evening Smile Wine, cheese and olives..... the PERECT NOSH! All I can add to that iis some cold, smoked smoked salmon (which we have here)..

Thanks guys for posting...............LOVE it !

..........Gary

Stemless vino glass noted Wink

Gary, We think very much alike.... I did not get this in the picture, but this is part of the "fare" for the evening; compliments of Costco...

DSC_0247.jpg

Oh HOW NICE Boxx.................YES, we do think alike and I hope it all went together nicely (I'm SURE it did!)

Chris has been under the weather for a few days, so, I have made some nice FRESH dishes during this time for us...

Last night was a simple XVOO, fresh garlic in a saute, then added to 1 lb. of fettuccini, and linguini mix (high end pasta from Whole Foods)... Topped with pecorino romano and fresh Italian, broad leaf parsley........

I had some of it as my lunch today [Y]

TONIGHT, I did up a large amount of chopped garlic, XVOO, sea salt, fresh ground pepper..........then added TWO cans of organic black beans and one can of organic kidney beans. TWO cans of organic tomatoes. One, crushed, one, diced. Simmer for and hour.............Meanwhile, 2.5 cups of rice, Arborio and Basmati mixed and steamed.... Served in pasta bowls as INDIVIDUAL textures and NOT mixed, sauce on one side, rice on the other...

All turned out well and plenty left over to enjoy again...

All for now..........Gary

Oh HOW NICE Boxx.................YES, we do think alike and I hope it all went together nicely (I'm SURE it did!)

Chris has been under the weather for a few days, so, I have made some nice FRESH dishes during this time for us...

Last night was a simple XVOO, fresh garlic in a saute, then added to 1 lb. of fettuccini, and linguini mix (high end pasta from Whole Foods)... Topped with pecorino romano and reatfresh Italian, broad leaf parsley........

I had some of it as my lunch today Yes

TONIGHT, I did up a large amount of chopped garlic, XVOO, sea salt, fresh ground pepper..........then added TWO cans of organic black beans and one can of organic kidney beans. TWO cans of organic tomatoes. One, crushed, one, diced. Simmer for and hour.............Meanwhile, 2.5 cups of rice, Arborio and Basmati mixed and steamed.... Served in pasta bowls as INDIVIDUAL textures and NOT mixed, sauce on one side, rice on the other...

All turned out well and plenty left over to enjoy again...

All for now..........Gary

Gary, That sounds outstanding....Great night tonight...

• 2 weeks later...

As Boxx would say, its a great day when your case of fine wine arrives from your wineclub [:)] Here is our latest from a few hours ago... I picked the Italian reserve = VERY good as with all Laithwaites choices.

Enjoy the photo...

post-23544-138198280143_thumb.jpg

.............and this, my HOT SAUCE delivery that just arrived from a well known hot sauce vendor "Mo Hotta, Mo Betta" .. My former landlord turned me on them years ago. Here then is my latest pick. I could NOT keep from ordering the presidential election bottle and can't wait to taste them.

The Jolokia is a genuine hot sauce made from the essence of the peppers themselves WITHOUT using the pepper 'consentrates' that many of the scorching sauces are made with......... THUMBS UP [Y] on this one for heat level and TASTE. This is my 2nd bottle...

Enjoy the array [H]

...........Gary

post-23544-138198280152_thumb.jpg

As Boxx would say, its a great day when your case of fine wine arrives from your wineclub Smile Here is our latest from a few hours ago... I picked the Italian reserve = VERY good as with all Laithwaites choices.

Enjoy the photo...

Now that is quite a lineup... I believe I see a few familiar bottles..

.............and this, my HOT SAUCE delivery that just arrived from a well known hot sauce vendor "Mo Hotta, Mo Betta" .. My former landlord turned me on them years ago. Here then is my latest pick. I could NOT keep from ordering the presidential election bottle and can't wait to taste them.

The Jolokia is a genuine hot sauce made from the essence of the peppers themselves WITHOUT using the pepper 'consentrates' that many of the scorching sauces are made with......... THUMBS UP Yes on this one for heat level and TASTE. This is my 2nd bottle...

Enjoy the array Cool

...........Gary

Gary, These look like excellent "hot" sauces. Thanks for posting....

The Jolokia is a genuine hot sauce made from the essence of the peppers themselves WITHOUT using the pepper 'consentrates' that many of the scorching sauces are made with......... THUMBS UP Yes on this one for heat level and TASTE. This is my 2nd bottle...

Enjoy the array Cool

...........Gary

Another good source... Penderys, since 1870.

Good evening fellow food lovers.

Just a quick one tonight........... It is 7 degrees and falling outside tonight, but I could not help but post these beautiful veggies for our salad tonight. The VINE RIPPENED tomatoes are NOT from Mexico as mentioned on this morning's NPR morning news program, but grown right here in New England! Hard to believe that in the middle of January, we can have such great produce pretty much year 'round. [Y] Thanks in part to our Whole Foods market.

Enjoy....FreshVeggies_zps3bae1679.jpg

Thanks for checking in Boxx, glad you are familiar with our latest shipment, can't wait to sample more of them!, and PM, for the link to the website, much appreciated [:D]

Here then, is one of the two salads composed for our pasta dinner this evening..

Thats it for now, short and sweet [;)]

........GaryWinterSalad_zps2f9bb9e1.jpg

Thanks for checking in Boxx, glad you are familiar with our latest shipment, can't wait to sample more of them!, and PM, for the link to the website, much appreciated Big Smile

Here then, is one of the two salads composed for our pasta dinner this evening..

Thats it for now, short and sweet Wink

........GaryWinterSalad_zps2f9bb9e1.jpg

Now... that is eating healthy....

Its a Friday evening ! Time to put together some fresh ingredients that Chris picked up at Whole Foods market.. TONIGHT?, fresh crab cakes and asparagas along with a nice chilled champagna!

Here then, the fresh asparagas has been soaked in cold water and ready to hit the saute of garlic and XVOO...

post-23544-13819828181554_thumb.jpg

Here, the crab cakes are being saute'd in canola oil, this all taking place at my work station at the other end of the kitchen under a brand new stainless steel hood. Under hood lighting gives a nice lighting effect [H]

post-23544-13819828182674_thumb.jpg

Here is the garlic and XVOO being heated for the vegetable accomp... I have to admit, I used a pre-chopped garlic product (from a jar) this evening to make this all come together quickly. Its not bad, but for sure, can NOT compare to my usual fresh chopped garlic [:$]

post-23544-13819828185014_thumb.jpg

Meanwhile, its time for NOSH, here we have 4 wonderful Thai veggie spring rolls with a lovely peanut sauce. Some really tasty smoked salmon from MAINE and a horse radish sauce made by the same company. Some mixed Greek olives with sun dried tomato and Thai crushed chili peppers.. Red wine leftover (Hess vinards) from our pizza dinner out last night...

post-23544-13819828186474_thumb.jpg