Fine Food and Music

Boxx

22 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Barilla, yes, that is true Mike............   Thanks for the compliment on my past dishes and the scallop 'beards'....  Chris taught me that a long while back, and then I passed that onto my dad, who going on 89 STILL loves to cook and drive fast cars!!!

But, taking photos of most every step shows the care and love that goes into these things, you know this very well I am sure...a passion correct ?

Anyway, about to load the plating photos... 

there is no love without passion..

I've worked @ other restaurants

where it's all about the $$$$.

like i posted before awhile back

the restaurant that I put my heart in !

• Like 1

THANK YOU MIKE!!   It is great to see your efforts here, I know it is time consuming, but it is nice to study the photos and follow each step, and the little helper is a nice addition when an extra hand is in need during the process :)..

Oh YES on the pink salt........have you tried Hawaiian RED yet ??   I will gather a couple photos for you to peruse...    I am in the studio now, but moving to the kitchen shortly for pasta leftovers.....  

More when I get up there...   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

THANK YOU MIKE!!   It is great to see your efforts here, I know it is time consuming, but it is nice to study the photos and follow each step, and the little helper is a nice addition when an extra hand is in need during the process :)..

Oh YES on the pink salt........have you tried Hawaiian RED yet ??   I will gather a couple photos for you to peruse...    I am in the studio now, but moving to the kitchen shortly for pasta leftovers.....  

More when I get up there...   

the store down the street had a $2

blow out sale..

• Like 1

I trust your soup turned out as hoped ?  :)

I have the two salts and will take photos after dinner for you...   There is fine print on the rear label of the Hawaiian red that explains the origins etc.   Guess it is a very common salt there  (Old Timer would know) much like our sea salt for the table..... 

• Like 1

ok everyone as you can see...

the process of making a brown chicken stock. and the byproducts

which turn into others..

chicken soup

chicken for a salad, or a sandwich

brown chicken stock for other dishes during the week..

products used

chicken thighs, chicken breast, onion, carrots , celery, garlic , vegi oil, evoo, black pepper corn, kosher salt, chicken base for fortifying, h2o , tomato paste,farfalline pasta, and rosemary... 

• Like 1