Fine Food and Music

Boxx

i started out with chicken thighs

onions, celery,and carrots..

roasted in the oven...

my mistake for covering it..I did not want to make a mess.

I deboned the chicken thighs. put

the bones & skin in the stock ..I

added the aromantics rosemary & black peppercorn..tomato paste .I needed some thyme..the store was out of thyme..

made a mirpox for the chicken soup. evoo, in the pan chicken , fresh cracked peppercorn, salt,and garlic. added the brown chicken stock and faralline..

• Like 1

ok everyone it's a big long process

for home..I have not done this at home since last year.. so watch and learn.. how many dishes could be made with one stock..

A lot of restaurants do not do this..

because they suck ! but when you do find one that does.. make yourself at home there!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

THANK YOU MIKE!!   It is great to see your efforts here, I know it is time consuming, but it is nice to study the photos and follow each step, and the little helper is a nice addition when an extra hand is in need during the process :)..

Oh YES on the pink salt........have you tried Hawaiian RED yet ??   I will gather a couple photos for you to peruse...    I am in the studio now, but moving to the kitchen shortly for pasta leftovers.....  

More when I get up there...   

Gary, I'm, f'en pissed at you ! lol...

see what you started.. I bet boxx would enjoy this ! in a restaurant that's only a hour , hour in a half tops.for me...while multitasking and plating entrees..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Gary, I'm, f'en pissed at you ! lol...

see what you started.. I bet boxx would enjoy this ! in a restaurant that's only a hour , hour in a half tops.for me...while multitasking and plating entrees..

and that's 10 gallons of stock!

32 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

W O W ! ! !  :o:o

what are you thinking Gary...

it's a restaurant that will do 600+ covers..and 10-15 gallons of tomato sauce..6-8 beef tenderloins..a case or more of white gulf shrimp unpeeled and the shells become a stock.. thats 

30-50 lbs..20-30 lbs chicken airline breast.. 2-3 veal 7 count hotel racks! and I can go on from there!

• Like 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

a case or more of white gulf shrimp unpeeled and the shells become a stock..

The best stock I have ever made was from shrimp peelings, it's shocking how much flavor is in those parts.

Looking good everyone !  :emotion-21:

• Like 2

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

then you make shrimp bisque

Actually added it to a gumbo just for more flavor, never tried shrimp bisque, crawfish bisque yes, but it was a long time ago, it's really a pain. 

• Like 2