anyone else find this odd?

Thaddeus Smith

I came across the Home Theater Shack forum as I work to tame and fully use my new DIY sub. Tons of great resources there, including REW. So i figure i would start a quick thread to talk about my sub and share the project, cuz you know, it's the internet and information transfer is key. I linked to Carl's build thread here and the original thread on AVSF and after about an hour got a PM from a forum moderator that my message would be deleted because I violated a part of their TOS which forbids linking to competing forums.

seriously? how am i supposed to post about the project and not point people to crucial threads on a couple of other forums that have very useful information, both of which are far too lenghty for me to try and recreate on a separate forum?

just struck me as weird that they would have such a closed system mentality.

shrug, just makes me not want to post the project there because of the hassle related to getting pertinent information included without being able to just link to the full resources.

i'm sure they have their valid reasons, but it seems to be disconnected from what the internet truly is and how it is used.