Guest David H

The Crossover will be ALK Cornscala-wall Universal.

Preliminary listening test, bass is excellent.

The wild man from the West Coast is at it again. Looks very good as your work always does. Where does this crossover at? "Bass is excellent", can you expand on that since you have built and listened to many different speakers that have very good bass.

This might be a really dumb question but why does the name include "scala"?

I also don't get why a "corn scala" as there is again no link for me to a lascala.

On this basis you could build a nice trumpet and call it a "Bra Sala".

Hi Dave

Looks like it will really thump and give the goods that we all want to have. I agree with Rod and thought when I saw the name in the title, I envisioned something like this photo. Its just a mirrored stack of two but thats what I think when the scala name get tossed around. Its the bottom not the top that I think of most, Maybe quad-corn is not the same grabber name but the vision would be closer.

post-42841-13819689269976_thumb.jpg

"but I've never personally seen this with the exception of my spud, but I
think that is a different set up all together, so when and why is this
used?"

It's used to reduce distortion, it also stops the cabinet from 'walking'.

I've been doing it for about 25 years now. TAD, EAW, OHM, etc, have been doing it lately. The OHM PUKK series look exactly like my PPSL cabinets.

ohm_pukk_sub_tower.jpg

MY PPSL as realized by Les Hudson:

slotloadedpushpull.jpg

This might be a really dumb question but why does the name include "scala"?

I also don't get why a "corn scala" as there is again no link for me to a lascala.

On this basis you could build a nice trumpet and call it a "Bra Sala".

Hi Dave

Looks like it will really thump and give the goods that we all want to have. I agree with Rod and thought when I saw the name in the title, I envisioned something like this photo. Its just a mirrored stack of two but thats what I think when the scala name get tossed around. Its the bottom not the top that I think of most, Maybe quad-corn is not the same grabber name but the vision would be closer.

We are considering a quad Belle in that configuration for an installation in a Sydney Record Store where they sell real records. The rest will be the components for 3 KPT-362's

• 2 weeks later...