Harmony remotes

The Dude

I only know that when I got the ONE I went on-line and programmed it the same as my 880. Now with the ONE sometimes I have to press the hard button several times to get a response. Mostly this is when commanding the DTV DVR but it could be anything. It really doesn't like the Oppo. As soon as I get un-lazy I will be going back to the 880.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now with the ONE sometimes I have to press the hard button several times to get a response.

The 8 button on my 880 has stopped working, so I've been researching repairs....see [:P] Turns out it's probably a rubber issue under the keypad & not an easy fix. Maybe you have a similar issue?

Now with the ONE sometimes I have to press the hard button several times to get a response.

The 8 button on my 880 has stopped working, so I've been researching repairs....see Stick out tongue Turns out it's probably a rubber issue under the keypad & not an easy fix. Maybe you have a similar issue?
Maybe? The 1 has acted this way since I bought it from Logitech and it would be the volume, guide, page up/dwn and volume up/dwn keys

• Moderators

Congrats on your new purchase. Doesn't sound like you are too excited. Let us know your thoughts after you get it setup. I think you will really like it.

When you set it up online, it defaults to the tab that allows you to order the touch screen buttons. It took me awhile before I realized there is another tab next to it that allows you to program what each hard button controls. That was pretty slick to me. You can change any hard button to perform any command.

Congrats on your new purchase. Doesn't sound like you are too excited. Let us know your thoughts after you get it setup.

I was quickly typeing so I could go bowling. I will be even more excited when I get my new receiver and replacement ps3.

Congrats on your new purchase. Doesn't sound like you are too excited. Let us know your thoughts after you get it setup.

I was quickly typeing so I could go bowling. I will be even more excited when I get my new receiver and replacement ps3.

You'll need one of these to operate your PS3 with the harmony.....works well

http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/remotes/accessories/devices/5732

http://blog.logitech.com/2010/05/11/harmony-tips-and-tricks-controlling-your-playstation-3-with-a-harmony-remote/

You'll need one of these to operate your PS3 with the harmony.....works well

http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/remotes/accessories/devices/5732

http://blog.logitech.com/2010/05/11/harmony-tips-and-tricks-controlling-your-playstation-3-with-a-harmony-remote/

Yea I was looking at those, that will have to be one of the next things.

Thanks Youthman, looks like they go for about 25-30 used that would be up my alley. I will say when movie time came I didn't mind using the separate ps3 remote I like the fact that its bluetooth, I wish all remotes were bluetooth.

• Moderators

Thanks Youthman, looks like they go for about 25-30 used that would be up my alley.

Would be a great price. I just looked at my Equipment Purchases spreadsheet and realize I paid more than I thought I did. $47.94. If you can get one for $30, would be a great price.

I still use my PS3 remote often to "control" the PS3 during movies and navigating through the PS3 menubar. It's just what I'm used to. The main reason I bought the Adapter is because without it, you can't use the Harmony to turn on and off the PS3. It's more of a convenience factor for me when I hit "Watch a Movie" macro or hit the one Power button to turn everything off. If I didn't have the PS3 Adapter, I would have to use a separate remote to do so.

• Moderators

I can't believe the list of equipment in your home theater with as nice as everything is and you are still using a PS3 for your Blu-rays

Not sure why you are surprised. From everything I've read, the PS3 does extremely well in the bluray department. I'm sure there are better players but I do not believe I would see or hear $500 - $1000 difference if I bought say an Oppo.

Are you planning to upgrade your blu-ray player anytime soon?

Maybe I'm strange but the thought has never crossed my mind.

I can't believe the list of equipment in your home theater with as nice as everything is and you are still using a PS3 for your Blu-rays

Not sure why you are surprised. From everything I've read, the PS3 does extremely well in the blueray department. I'm sure there are better players but I do not believe I would see or hear $500 - $1000 difference if I bought say an Oppo.

I was very happy with my ps3 40 gb, I used it for blueray, and games I got alot of use out of it. I was looking at upgrading the hard drive when I got the yellow light of death. I tried the heat gun fix method which worked some what but it wouldn't play disc so I sold my broken ps3 for 20 bucks in a gamestop parking lot went right in and bought a new slim one which I am still getting used to, I don't think there is a fan in there if so it is alot quieter then the older one. That was the fastest cl sale I have ever had it had taken longer to wait for the guy to show up with the money then it did for him and many others to respond to the ad. So if yours ever fails there are alot of peeps out there that will buy and fix em so I would ask for 30-40 just for thought.

I might consider a higher end bludisc player when I finish the more dedicated ht downstairs or I might just buy a decent one and move the ps3 down there I meen how many kids wouldn't love to play video games on a 120" screen[:P]

Not sure why you are surprised. From everything I've read, the PS3 does extremely well in the bluray department. I'm sure there are better players but I do not believe I would see or hear $500 - $1000 difference if I bought say an Oppo.

I used my PS3 for my blu-ray player for about a year until I upgraded to my LG player. Wow, I couldn't believe the difference. I would say the sound might be a little better but the difference in PQ was night and day. Especially noticeable on my projector. Now that was a $350 dollar player two years ago, I hooked up my brother's $60 magnavox blu-ray to my setup to see how it performed and while not as good as mine, it still blew the PS3 away. PS3s are great for games but you would not believe the upgrade you will get with a stand alone player. Also the upconversion on standard dvds is ten time better, some of my regular dvds look better on my player than blu-rays do on my PS3.

• Moderators

i agree, the PS3 has never looked good with standard dvds but I only watch blurays so its not a big deal that it doesnt. Its the only bluray player i have owned so maybe ignorance is bliss.

now back to your regular scheduled program.

Well I got it home, hooked it up set up was real easy. So far I am loving it there is a bit delay waiting for everything to turn on but not bad. Showed it to the wife she seems to like it we will she how she really feels once she sits down and watches some TV. I think I will get the ps3 adapter will just make everything a little easier. Really glad I purchased[Y][Y][:D]