Is it a good deal

Belisarius

Hi All,

I am new to the Klipsch forum. I am looking at Purchasing a pair of 1999 Klipschorns in a Mahagony for $4500. I went to look and audition them.....they are in excellent shape and sound awesome. I am wondering if this is a good price or am i paying to much.

Thanks all

Mint Klipschorns can command such prices.

There are some factors to consider. If the purchase is local that is a plus. Since "value" is subjective, just for your own satisfaction, check out what it would cost you to have brand new Khorns delivered to your door.

• Moderators

Welcome [Y]

Dee is right, and it comes down to how much are you willing to pay for them being "mint" and in Mahogany, that's what your paying a good bit extra for, and of course if it's local. Only you can answer these questions.

I paid $1,700 for my excellent condition birch ones . At the time I thought it was the deal of the century but have since seen several pairs go in that price range. As noted above, exotic finishes up the price, but $4,500 seems way high to me (unless you are outside of the US, then who knows?).

Thanks all for your excellent advice. Well i went ahead and purchased them but i am trying to decipher the codes just to see if i got what was advertised. The one speaker code starting from the top KB AK4 MA 17 Then Serial number is KBAMA170241 0001

Second speaker same except last digits are 0002

All i can make from this is that they are consecutive from the last 4 digits.

Can anyone please help? Thank you in advance