Audyssey question

The Dude

• Moderators

The primary reason you use a tripod is so that you have an open line of sight from the speakers to the microphone. I place mine on the top back of my front row seat. Acts as a tripod. Ideally, you want it close to where your ears would be in the primary listening position.

For a full setup I have to place it in three locations starting with center, then right, then left so every listening poistion gets good sound. I will say my wife doesnt complain about not being able to hear the center channel.

For a full setup I have to place it in three locations starting with center, then right, then left so every listening poistion gets good sound. I will say my wife doesnt complain about not being able to hear the center channel.

Then you aren't doing it correctly but good thing the wife isn't complainin'. [;)]

Then you aren't doing it correctly but good thing the wife isn't complainin'. Wink

What do you mean I am not doing it correctly. I did it per the instructions as for my Onkyo tx-nr509 place the mic in the center listening poistion it takes a reading then tells me to move it to the right side listening poistion takes a reading the tells me to move it to the left listening poistion.

• Moderators

I was looking at receivers again an ran across this, Sherwood R-972, it has a completely different auto adjustment. From reading the reviews in the links it looks better than many ? Don't know about that brand but the reviews look good ?

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/SHERR972/SHERWOOD-R-972-Newcastle-7.1-A/V-Surround-Receiver-TrueHD-DTS-HD/1.html

Then you aren't doing it correctly but good thing the wife isn't complainin'. Wink

What do you mean I am not doing it correctly. I did it per the instructions as for my Onkyo tx-nr509 place the mic in the center listening poistion it takes a reading then tells me to move it to the right side listening poistion takes a reading the tells me to move it to the left listening poistion.

You really do need to go to the forum thread tdkamerica suggested in the post above for FAQs for audyssey @ http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=795421 and this one for your receiver @ http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1322401&highlight=509. Your best place to get answers since our forum is focused on Klipsch stuff. Sure, you are in the HT thread, and will get some general info, sounds like you have an issue that needs some intense focus on your receiver and it's associated auto eq.

Rhetor, I will read them just out of curiosity I might learn something new which could better my setup.

But I dont get why everyone think I have a issue, yes I posted that the measurements were wrong at first but I believe I had reposted stating that everything was correct. I understand that Audyssey is a program all on its own, but if the design a setup for certain receiver and model which the operators manual explains proper setup then what could I have done wrong. Like I said I will read the sites you posted. I don't feel I can get anything better then how this sounds, well I guess like I said I will get a tripod to properly place the Mic in the left and right seating position.

thanks for the advice

Duder

Rhetor, I will read them just out of curiosity I might learn something new which could better my setup.

But I dont get why everyone think I have a issue, yes I posted that the measurements were wrong at first but I believe I had reposted stating that everything was correct. I understand that Audyssey is a program all on its own, but if the design a setup for certain receiver and model which the operators manual explains proper setup then what could I have done wrong. Like I said I will read the sites you posted. I don't feel I can get anything better then how this sounds, well I guess like I said I will get a tripod to properly place the Mic in the left and right seating position.

thanks for the advice

Duder

I did not say you did anything wrong....it just may be some receiver setting that you need to tweak, and that thread for your receiver can get that question answered more directly and more accurately. The people on that thread live for that receiver, and know its ins and outs. I ran audyssey right on my Denon, but still did not sound right. Went to the Denon thread and the gurus helped me dial the receiver in with some post audyssey tweaks.

• Moderators

I don't feel I can get anything better then how this sounds,

That's the problem with all and any changes, you just don't know until it happens. Never know, you might be there already, try everything and go with what you think sounds best. What else can you do ?

This is why I love to have people from the forum come over, it just doesn't happen nearly enough, and when they do I really want an honest opinion (don't know if I really get it) , if something needs changing or adjusting I'm always willing to listen, affording it is a whole different thing.

I would love to have Dr Who over with his suitcase full of measurement tools, maby one day ?

Dtel, and Rhetor, very good points. I skimmed through the audyssey page a bit tonight if I can I will go through the receiver page you recommended.

Dtel, I know the feeling of not getting enough forum members over often. I have had one over RockonforKlipsch, he helped me dial in my sub showed me a thing or too. I wish I had more forum members close by, I know of one about 45 mins away one thing is very busy life style. You know I have been on service calls were I have seen people with Klipsch products and tried talk to them but they didn't seem interested let alone members of the forum, I feel they just went to one of our local department stores and asked for the best speakers to be installed and know nothing about them.

I am sure once I do some reading like everything I will be trying some different tweaks.

• Moderators

You know I have been on service calls were I have seen people with Klipsch products and tried talk to them but they didn't seem interested let alone members of the forum, I feel they just went to one of our local department stores and asked for the best speakers to be installed and know nothing about them.

Your probably right, they plug them in and there done, it can be that easy, but usually with a little reading and asking a few questions you can get a much better sound.

This has been one of my hobbies for a long time and the people on this forum have helped me have the best sound I have ever had without wasting a bunch of money trying different things until i just get lucky with a good match, if it ever would happen. I can't afford to waste ANY money on this stuff, I usually research everything to death to try to not make a mistake.

I can see why audio stores are almost completely gone, people don't even do the slightest research, they just buy whatever, or even worse a HTIB. Look at craigslist at how many junk HTIB's are for sale.