Used Front Speakers in this Price Range...?

jwooten86

Hello. I'm new to the community and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I've caught the upgrade fever so I'm looking to buy a used pair of speakers to

use as fronts in a HT setup. I currently use bookshelf speakers all around but I'm moving the setup to a larger room. They will be used for music and

gaming as well as tv and movies. They don't need to be bass heavy because I'll eventually throw a sub into the setup. My budget is about $600. What can

I get in that price range? Thanks. I live in the Chicagoland area.

and specific series of klipsch you are looking for? are you wanting used to get more bang for your buck? not sure how loud you are ever looking to play but if you arent looking for anything with tons of bass because of the addition of a sub later, you can get a new pair of rf-52's in that price range. i know the price online lists them at 365 range a piece, but a phone call can be made to Acoustic sound design or sound distributors, and a bargain can be worked out for prolly around 575 range(guessing) tax free delivered to your door. other wise for around that price used you can probably find a pair of rf-62's maybe even 82's IF you can find them locally, otherwise either pair shipped would put you over your budget unless you find a steam of a deal on them.

Thanks. I check CL weekly for speakers and have seen the CF-3s and the RF-82iis on there for a few weeks. I have had a chance to listen to the 82s at a friends home. However, I haven't been able to find much info on the CF-3s at all. Anyone have a pair or have heard them?

CF3 is an excellent three driver rwo way with nice large Tractrix CD horn bigger than the horn in a RF7. The CF3 does need some jam it you want it to R&R a solid 150 per channel should make them kick. Check them out if you get the chance they have all neo drivers and a nice solid cabinet. I would take a CF3 over any RF. Best regards Moray James.

huge downside to the cf3 will be trying to locate matching center and surrounds in the future not to mention cost for those since they are more rare, also from having the klf series prior I would take good rf's over them anyday for ht...

the 82ii for 640 is fantastic and I would grab those in a heartbeat, pretty much brand new speakers on a current lineup will make finding matching speakers a breeze!

the centre from the Legend series (KLF) is a CD horn that ought to match up just fine or get another CF3 you have a perfect centre for front and rear CF3/4 can perform they justneed a little more juice than the efficiency numbers would suggest. Give them a listen if you get a chance they are a fine speaker. Best regards Moray James.

I would look at used RF-35's or RF-82's I think they are hard to beat for versatility and they will let you get by without a sub for basic stuff. I got my RF-35s for 300 locally and that would give you 300$ to put towards reference surrounds or a sub.

I called about those RF-82iis when I checked CL and the call and emails were never returned. However, I did find a used pair of RF-52iis on 'Ebuy.' They didn't sell. I offered $390 and he accepted. I'm driving up North to grab them tomorrow.

A Best Buy store a few miles away is closing and I asked the HT guy what the deal with the speakers is. He told me they're trying to sell everything but that they wouldn't be discounted for another week or so. I'm gonna head back around then to see if it's true.

Thanks for the advice, guys.