Happy 78th Birthday to: Dr. Robert Moog

picky

Father of the Moog Synthesizer, Dr. Robert Moog, is 78 today. Google has placed a really cool tribute to mark the event on their home page:

There's a working image of a small Moog, complete with adjustable knobs and switches and a "reel-to-reel tape recorder" to capture the little songs you record. You can play back your works or share them via hyperlink with others. Those folks at Google are always thinking. Very cool! - Glenn

post-10177-13819735140018_thumb.jpg

post-10177-1381976583529_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819792774534_thumb.jpg

Very nice Picky, that thing kind of changed the sound of music, sometimes good sometimes bad.

More like one of these. A friend of mine used one on a song of mine in the late '70s. II still don't have a copy of it... [:(]

Bruce

post-7149-1381973531177_thumb.jpg

post-7149-13819766000926_thumb.jpg

post-7149-138197929512_thumb.jpg

The oscillators on the old ones were notorious for drifting off the set frequenc. I can imagine the problems with them on stage with the temp changes they had to endure.

Great photo!

Bruce

The most amazing part of the show was when Keith Emerson reversed himself, and began playing the keyboards "up side down." We are not talking "chop sticks." He was playing mozart....!! Wow...