RF-63 or RF-62ii

klipshcom

Hi

I am in the market now for an upgrade on the floor speakers, currently ive been using the 51 bookshelf which are now going up for the front high channel. My options were either the rf 62ii or rf82ii...But i figured since i have a sub id go with the 62, Anyway i called to order them and was told that he had a pair of 63's that i could get instead for 675.pair vs the 62ii's for 680 a pair...now this is probably a no brainer but are the (old) 63 better than the (new) 62?

Thank you for the advice!!

Welcome to the forum!

I think that the RF-63's would be the better bet. They are an extremely good speaker. Scrappydue is a member here and I think he likes his a lot. For that price, I believe they would be well worth it. It will probably really depend on what the rest of your system looks like too. Which center speaker do you have and which series are your RB-51s?

Klipschcom,

Welcome to the forum.

My options were either the rf 62ii or rf82ii...But i figured since i have a sub id go with the 62, Anyway i called to order them and was told that he had a pair of 63's that i could get instead for 675.pair vs the 62ii's for 680 a pair...now this is probably a no brainer but are the (old) 63 better than the (new) 62?

Ajoker2c says:

"I believe Williand can give a good appraisal of the RF63's Vs the 62ii's"

Yes, yes, yes.[Y][Y] You are right, a pair of RF-63's for $675.00 is a no brainer. The 63's are sweet. They are smooth as silk and I know this is starting to sound cliche', but IMO they are the most 3-way sounding 2-way speakers Klipsch has ever produced and of any other brand I have ever heard. Also IMO, they are clearly steps above the other speakers mentioned. Very refined with good presence and imaging. The right amplification will really bring out their best qualities.

Bill

i should have also put my reciever, an onkyo nr609, which i like very much BTW, everything goes to it and sends video up to tv, which is a samsung pn59d plasma....Love the TV too, Hopethe 609 is enuf for these speakers. Thanks for the replys, wasnt able to find too much info on the 63 out there and only a couple used on CR across the countrywhich were being sold at alot more than what im paying. Only thing is, my room is 12/16...Overkill i think!! but ill never have to upgrade again =)

The 63s have a relatively high sensitivity so it is enough receiver. However, they apparently have pretty low impedence dips so if down the road you have the money and are looking for an upgrade, an external amplifier would go a very long way with these and really open them up.

The RF 83's and 63's are great speakers and may become a collector item IMHO. Get the 63's, they were made with all the best part that Klipsch had during their production. Here is a link for speaker placement:http://www.audioholics.com/tweaks/speaker-setup-guidelines/home-theater-speaker-layout-an-essential-guide

Get the 63s. They were really reference co-flagships with the RF-83s until Klipsch streamlined their product offerings and went from three top-of-the-line offerings, the RF-63, RF-83 and RF-7, into a single flagship RF-7ii. Likely a financial decision within the business.

Ditto on the impedance dips. When I got my RF-83s, the AVR I had then, a Pioneer VSX 919, would shut off at around -15db. I upgraded to an Elite SC-37 and have no problems at all.

thanks for all the input!! I went ahead and got the 63's, they are huge!! but they sound incredible!!

What you did not believe us?[:P]

def. a step up from the 51's haha....thanks guys!!

You think.[;)]

Seriously. I went from a pair of RB-35's(which were great) to the RF-63's and everything changed for the better. When I added a B&K outboard amp, things changed for the better even more.

Great find, great purchase, enjoy.

Bill

this was his last pair of 63's....However i know he has 82ii also maybe a deal there!!, His name is Ron...Has a srore in VT and one in NH,,,Orbit satalite is the name of co., Hes always been really good to me, and stands behind his stuff!!! Good Guy!!! If your in the market for some gear, give em a call, doesnt hurt to ask!!!

PS THESE THINGS ROCK!! YoWzAaaa!! =) To my Neighbor....HowDya Like me Now!!! Hahaaa.....thanks again guys....Good advice!!!!