Line-Array System

pgh

Has Klipsch considered producing a line-array system? I was looking at photos of the stage at Klipsch Music Center in Noblesville, Indiana, and they use a large line-array. Not sure who the manufacturer is...

541417_337216119692168_1543315139_n.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The reality is that the performers (the main act) have their own sound systems and crew to set things up and their own sound personal. That way the sound guys are familiar with the setup and can dial things in quickly. It would be chaos for most performers to have someone else's soundmen and sound systems in venues like this. As hard to believe as it is, they truck their own stuff around in semi's from show to show.

I think Glenn, Picky, said he thought the Klipsch Music Center house system uses Meyer Sound. From what I've heard, the smallish line arrays at back of covered section do not do a very good job of filling the venue.

I have no idea about other music venues but I think most concerts at KMC use the house system. Where my wife and myself were at for the Pilgrimage Miranda Lambert concert, the sound was plenty loud, maybe too loud at times as it lost clarity.

The last time I asked Trey about getting Klipsch Pro to be used in the house system at KMC he said he was working on it. I hope upgrading the sound system to Klipsch is in the licensing agreement.

From what others have said from other concerts, the house PA does not adequately cover the lawn.

For large arena and stadium tours Artto is absolutely correct. Years ago before it was the KCM I don't think I ever attended a concert that didn't use the house PA. These days I am pretty sure from people who were disappointed in lawn sound or downright pissed off, they were using the house PA.

I'm sure most acts bring their own sound engineer.

I just saw Moe and the Allman Brothers last night at Chastain Park Amphitheater in Atlanta last night. I looked closely and they had an all Meyer sound system with line arays for both HF and LF against stone walls projecting into the bowl of the theater. I have to say the sound was excellent.

I had never been there before and so I don't know if it was a house system. I'm guessing it belongs to ABB.