Pls help me with a new front 3?

REDdawn6

Hey all. My friend has older set of B&W 600 series mains and bigger center. I really like how his speakers have that ... Very crisp sound. He is talking me into a newer set of B&W mains $550 ish and center $630ish.

My reciever is a Yamaha RX-V667 , 90w per ch, set up in 5.1

I currently have Klipsch C2 center , Jamo 606 mains, Klipsch synergy S-1 surrounds , Klipsch SW-115 and Epik Legend.

Any suggestions on a Klipsch front 3 that will sound crisp like the B&W ?

Guys on AVS forum are suggesting KEF (don't know if I have enough power for these)iq600C center and iq90 mains ( on sale at vanns for $399 ea )

The B&W will be a little more than I wanted to spend $1000-$1500.

Any suggestions would be very helpful. TYVM, RD6

I'll tryto post room pic later. The wall I have to work with is about 10-11 feet. I have my two floor standings on opposite sides of my tv stand. My subs are behind me due to door between my wall. Trying to talk wife into letting me swap to opposite side as I'd have about 18-20ft and can put subs in front. Sounds good now but I wanna upgrade. I could prolly do some RF82 or Rf52 s Vanns has good prices on both. I will call That guy and see as well. Tks

Check to see if he has any b stock RF-63's, RF-83's or RF-7's while your on the phone with him. You might get lucky and get a much better speaker for about the same price. I know RF-63's b stock have gone for around 600 before from them. There is also a pair of Jubilees on Audiogon.com that you can get. I hear they are very nice.

Check to see if he has any b stock RF-63's, RF-83's or RF-7's while your on the phone with him. You might get lucky and get a much better speaker for about the same price. I know RF-63's b stock have gone for around 600 before from them.

They only have b stock newer stuff. No older klipsch at all. Lol I have called so many places before I bought my used ones.

I thought someone on here was debating on a pair of RF-62 II's and when they called, they said they had a pair of RF-63's b stock for about the same price as well. Maybe it wasn't. I am looking for the thread to see where they came from, but not having much luck.

I think if you could get your l/c/r matched up right you would be in good shape, anything from the reference line would be great. You could look at some of the bookshelf systems to save you money, and space. Some good subs and you would be set.

• Moderators

I would also check with heli001. He is an Authorized Klipsch Dealer. I'm designing his website and have spent a lot of time talking to him on the phone and via email. He will shoot you straight, is very knowledgable and has been around Klipsch for much of his life.