First Home Theatre

babadono

Hello,

I am a long time Klipsch heritage speaker owner in my 2 channel set up but trying to get my first HT set up in my familyroom. I am thinking of going with RF-7ii and RC-64ii across the front but because of the room and WAF I think I'll have to go with in ceiling speakers for surrounds and/or rear. Is this going to work? Any help is much appreciated.

babadono

• Moderators

yes it can definitely work. of course bookshelf, wide dispersion or floorstanding would sound better but not everyone has that option which is why in ceiling speakers were made. the RF7ii's will provide you with a rock solid front soundstage will and even with in ceiling for surrounds, you will have an awesome setup.

• Moderators

Starting out with the RF-7ii for your "First HT" is pretty sweet. Mine didn't start out near as high on my journey. One good thing is you won't have to worry about "upgraditis" with that setup. Should satisfy you for many, many years. Best wishes on your journey.

I have the same comprimise and for now, I just don't worry about it. Behind my living room is the kitchen so the whole thing is wide open.

Wires are run from the front of the room, around and under the base board, then beneath my couch. Their is some exposure between the baseboard and couch but I have a small rug covering that. When I pull the wires out, I use two rugs to cover so they don't get tripped over.

"Ideal is a dedicated room. Don't have one yet but when I do, I already have a paid for HT to go in it." ~Most Interesting Man In The World

Beechnut,

Did you even consider in ceiling speakers? I really want to hide as many wires as possible and I know in my realatively new house the electrician put some wires up in the ceiling someplace. He said "Oh you're gonna need these, trust me". In my situation it is one side that is open to the kitchen not the rear.

babadono

Didn't consider them because after picking up a pair of RS3s, I decided I liked the room filling sound of wide dispersion technology that Klipsch has done. Bookshelves and most ceiling speakers are more directional.

Plus, I know I will have a media room someday that they will be properly mounted. So compromise till them. Still very satisfied.