McIntosh will be acquired by Italian company

tube fanatic

I heard they sell a lot of rice and fresh food...

And housewares, clothes, a lot like they do here. The one I went to in Nanchang, was two stories, and very roomy. Lots of help if you needed it. Everything still made in China (a private joke, of sorts...). Always a busy store. THey have two in the city of about 4 million. Ineresting that there are NO Walmarts in the Philippines, wehre my wife is from.

Bruce

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they only sell stuff made in the USA ?

Malaysia, Viet Nam, Thailand, Cambodia...

Seriously, it was mostly made in China, even if they had American brand names. Never saw any 'gators or frogs, though. Perhaps Carabao (a darker meat than beef).

This was in Nanchang, about halfway between Hong Kong and Beijing.

Bruce

post-7149-13819802631612_thumb.jpg

I heard they sell a lot of rice and fresh food...

And housewares, clothes, a lot like they do here. The one I went to in Nanchang, was two stories, and very roomy. Lots of help if you needed it. Everything still made in China (a private joke, of sorts...). Always a busy store. THey have two in the city of about 4 million. Ineresting that there are NO Walmarts in the Philippines, wehre my wife is from.

Bruce

I didn't mean anything by that, just kind of how a news special put it.

"I've been to a WM in China. Pretty interesting stores.."

I see they sell frogs, crocks, turtles, and similar fresh food.

China-walmart-gators.jpg

China-walmart-frogs.jpg

The turtles are a bit more than the frogs.

what...no cats or dogs?????

What country do you live in?

Was it purchased from an authorized dealer?

If purchased in another country, or from a non-authorized dealer it will be difficult to obtain service.

Many unique older parts are no longer available, for instance the power transformer in a MC2105/2100, any volume control with a built-in power switch, etc.

I live in the USA, purchased from the local McIntosh dealer, took it to McIntosh labs personally to be brought to specs, got BS and the runaround, got it back after 5 months, worked for two months, shipped it back and just got it returned last Saturday after much more BS and it doesn't work. Ordered a new Yamaha receiver which should be here Thursday and we'll see what the problem(besides McIntosh) really is. Fine sounds has bought itself some problems. Just one man's opinion.................

"took it to McIntosh labs personally to be brought to specs"

SO it's not a new unit, not under warranty, and may be subject to the parts issues I touched on earlier.

I wonder what else are you not telling us?

I don't personally care what information you care to know. I was promised a fix by McIntosh and I took them at their word and paid over $1000 when they said they were fixed. I don't know why they would tell me that they would fix something that no longer could be fixed, but they took the money and the units only performed for less than the 90 day warranty period, so the preamp on their suggestion was returned and once again I was told it was fixed. Sorry but not fixed second time either. If I hurt your feelings about McIntosh, I'm very sorry, but since you are out nothing and I'm out a grand and still have a non working stereo, I have some busy work for you.