Which front to buy

indyhawg

The sub/s and center channels are the maquee players in HT. The signature that you want for your system is a personal choice and the space or footprint of the system has to take in consideration the room size and layout. No right or wrong answer. Just be careful of upgraditis, a costly disease that affects many audio fans. I suffer from this affliction, lol.[:#]

I am currently shopping around for home theater components. Would there be a noticable difference between running RF82s versus RF 62s when usung subs and having an RC62 center? I am thinking I should just get the 62s instead of the 82s and save some cash.

How big is your room?

Your subwoofer can handle low bass duties, but around 80 to 150 hz (where the bass is punchy) the mains will be working.

You usually see way too big of a speaker in a room, so the 62's may be just right for you depending on room size (I am not familiar with that line).

Get the 82s. The difference in price is worth it. Will the 62s sound good? Yes. Will the 82s sound better? Yes. Shop around and you'll find the right deals. I ran an RC-3with my 82s and thought it sounded good. Then I switched to a RC-64 and regret I didn't do so ages ago. Buy the best one that fits your budget.

I am currently shopping around for home theater components. Would there be a noticable difference between running RF82s versus RF 62s when usung subs and having an RC62 center? I am thinking I should just get the 62s instead of the 82s and save some cash.

If you can swing the RF82s, go for it...you won't be disappointed when you are looking to crank it. But, if your room is smallish, then the RF62s might be just right.