Blu-Ray, how good is it - really?

colterphoto1

btw I use a Yamaha RXV2700 AVR with HDMI output to my Samsung Plasma set. Is it upconverting my standard DVD's ?

If you have it set up to upconvert either in the player or display it will.

Regardless of your display, you'll still get the benefit of improved audio with Blu-ray.

Maybe I'm not that picky, I don't know. But spending another $250-$500 on another component just isn't in the budget right now.

I can certainly appreciate money being tight right now but that begs the question of why you started the thread in the first place?

Maybe I'm not that picky, I don't know. But spending another $250-$500 on another component just isn't in the budget right now.

I can certainly appreciate money being tight right now but that begs the question of why you started the thread in the first place?

ok, $500 is probably out of the question. If I can get one that will successfully interface with my PJ (if the PJ is good enough by today's standards), possibly a network compatible one so I can watch NetFlix (these aren't High-Def though but it'd be a good feature since I don't do CATV), I'd bit the bullet. I'm mainly an audio guy, not up to speed on all the P's and I's and video jargon by a long shot.

Tigerdirect had a Sony wifi for $70 yesterday, newegg had a 3D Samsung wifi for $100, both delivered. There are several listed everyday on techbargains or bensbargains.Colter should be close to Fry's which always has a super sale .