I swear a golden eagle flew out from no where and nearly took our baby!

Jay481985

I have no idea if this was faked but I did watch a real video of an eagle attempting to take a dead beaver out of a pond. The raptor attempted to take the beaver 4 ot 5 time but could not lift it from the water it eventually landed upon the back of the dead beaver and paddled it to shore. I would imagine that you can search you tube for it. Best regards Moray James.

A friends neighbour had her little dog taken in a open leash park after supper one evening some summers back by a great horned owl while she watched and could do nothing.

Jay, thanks for the link.

well, takes my breath away to watch it. not sure why i feel a such a sense of relief to read analysis of the vid which suggests fakery.

among a parents worst nightmares, I suppose. haven't even dreamed that one, though.

http://now.msn.com/golden-eagle-snatches-kid-video-may-be-a-fake

I have always admired the ability of a raptor to take prey from the ground, water and air.

Many years ago when I was working for my Dad building houses we had a build on a local lake. I never was able to spot the nest but near by was a pair of bald eagles. I routinely watched them drag really big fish out of the lake. When the water got cold and the fish went deeper the eagles changed over to taking other birds. I saw many a dove become dinner in a puff of feathers mid flight.

Not too long ago I was sitting on my back porch enjoying a cool fall evening, a nice toddy and a smoke. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted a squirrel crossing my back yard. Not an uncommon occurrence at all. About the time I turned my head to look at him he stood up. In that moment a very large owl swooped through and the next thing I knew the squirrel was just gone.

One of the many times of my life when I've wished I had a video camera running. Predators and prey. That's the way it works. Always has and always will.