need some sub recommendations

hugeroost

I finally hooked up my heresy"s in my shop and I feel like I need more bass. I built a shelf for them to sit on at about chest level, I figured they would sound alot better up higher than when I had em in the house sittin on the floor. I have read for years on here and AK about folks looking for more bass out of these, being as I had several sets of heretige to listen to I never gave it much thought. Now that i"m useing the heresy"s as mains I see what they were talking about, they need help. I"m pushing them with a Onkyo m-5030 super servo amp, way plenty. Anyway i"m gonna keep my eye out for a good sub, klipsch for sure. I have never even looked at subs before so I need some recommendations on a few I can be on the lookout for, ebay, cl, and such, maybe I can find one for half the original cost. I"d say my price range to be around 3---400, which should put me in the 800-1000 new catagory. Much thanks guys...Roost

anybody know anything about the SW 12 ll....12 inch front firing woofer with 12 inch rear passive, 60lbs. This looks like I could build a shelf for it just like I did the heresy"s, made from 92 to 96. I wonder what it retailed for, bet it was pricey, anyway I emailed the guy, we"ll see......Roost

I think a pair of these right next to or under each Heresy should easily fill the bottom gap and be very musical.

Vanns is a great merchant to deal with also.

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/clearance/549185018

Klipsch

Klipsch SW308 (Black)

8" black 300W powered subwoofer

• Klipsch SW308

• Klipsch SW308(Thumbnail 1)

• Klipsch SW308(Thumbnail 2)

549185018_1?$vdc_normal_image$
Bill

I think a pair of these right next to or under each Heresy should easily fill the bottom gap and be very musical.

Vanns is a great merchant to deal with also.

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/clearance/549185018

Klipsch

Klipsch SW308 (Black)

8" black 300W powered subwoofer

• Klipsch SW308
  • Klipsch SW308(Thumbnail 1)
  • Klipsch SW308(Thumbnail 2)
549185018_1?$vdc_normal_image$
Bill
I would agree with this suggestion....

You would need a speaker-level input to the sub. I think two subs are better than one even if they are smaller. With the SX-1250 you could use the B speaker connects to go to the subwoofers.

That is a LOT of receiver to go with Heresys! I have a newly recapped one with some Heresy 1s and it is an incredibly powerful sound! I've had a Sunfire sub with them that kept up nicely.

You would need a speaker-level input to the sub. I think two subs are better than one even if they are smaller. With the SX-1250 you could use the B speaker connects to go to the subwoofers.

You can also go from the receiver to the plate amp to the speakers or run the plate amp parallel with the speakers if you only have 1 speaker level output on your receiver/amp.