Rsw15 VS SW115 Powered subwoofer

Boom Boom Shake

I'm an owner of an Rsw15 that I've owned now for 5 years. I wanted to get another sub, but this sub is discontinuted!!! I noticed that Klipsch has introduced this new sub SW-115. I want to purchase it but I'm not sure how it would compare to the sub that I own already!!! The only advantage of the SW-115 is that is drops lower, I think. I want to know what you Audioholics and Sound Gurus think. I didn't want to go to another company to match up my sub with!!! THANKS!!!

Well let your mind wonder. The sw-115 retails for 849, and the rsw-15 retailed for 1800. And that was 1800 in 2001, 11 almost 12 years ago. So to me that speaks to the quality of the build and components used difference between the two. Now there are a few guys on here that swear the sw-115 is fantastic for movies and I have no doubt it is. After all it is a ported 15 inch woofer. Something would be wrong if it wasn't. However I bet most of those guys have never heard the rsw-15 and side by side I bet the sw-115 couldn't shake a stick at the rsw in the music category. I agree with above posts. They are out there! Try and find a used one.

They are out there! Try and find a used one.

I have to agree with Scrappy. While it is nice Klipsch introduced an "affordable" 15 inch sub with the SW-115, I doubt it will match up sonically or even compete musically with your RSW15. It may extend a bit lower than the RSW15 and make movies more impactful below 20Hz but in the midbass region, the RSW15 is a tough one to beat.

While another RSW15 is hard to find, they do pop up now and then and you have to just be patient and diligent in your search. I too am kind of in the same boat and must be patient in finding another Revel B15 that is affordable to me. All I have seen on the used market range from $1200.00 to $1795.00 and that is a hard pill to swallow when I paid a crazy low $450.00 for mine.[:D]

Bill

I waited a long time for a RSW15 to pop up on the used market before I ordered my Rythmik FV15HP. I would bet you could sell your your RSW15 for $850+ (I wold have paid that), that with the cost of the new sub, puts you in the $1,600+ range. No Klipsch sub can compete with the top model subs from the Internet direct companies like Rythmik and SVS.

Sorry for the late response but my computer was down!! Thanks for the info. How does the Rythmik and SVS compare to the JL Audio powered subwoofer??? I wasn't even aware that company made home audio!! I was so amazed at the sound of the RSW-15 that I tried to put it in the trunk of my car to hear what it would sound like!

I wasn't even aware that company made home audio!! I was so amazed at the sound of the RSW-15 that I tried to put it in the trunk of my car to hear what it would sound like!

I wasn't aware that Klipsch made automotive audio[:o]