The bad

Heritage_Head

When I got the xpa-5 a few years ago I had hiss and a tiny bit of static that when I called emo they blamed on my speakers. I almost sent the amp back but was able to remove it by getting the power to its own outlet (no help from emo by the way). Now the hiss is clean with zero static. So with the emo sale I took a chance and picked up the upa-200 for my rear speakers. I was a little nervous from my past experience and with the other people that have had problems. Well sadly this amp has major static and hissing issues (way worse than the xpa-5 was). Even if I plug it into the same outlet I use for the xpa-5 all by it self its really bad. So I sent it back and have to wonder is emo just hit or miss or I'm I missing something? Two amps in the same room plugged into the same outlet one with major static the other with a small amount of hiss, but both with problems out of the gate. I would rather eat the $30 shipping than go though all the crap I went though before.

You were able to remove the static by changing the outlet ? no help changing the outlet from Emotiva? Emotiva made it quite clear to me that high eff speakers were not recommended for xpa series.

I have owned two Emo amps over 6 years, both dead silent, probably the quietest/coolest amps I ever had.I had Parasounds, BKs, Rotels, Outlaw, Marantz, Adcom, Carvers to name a few. 90+% of the time it is the electric supply or grounds, but usually something connected that causes the issue.It's always possible to get a bad unit, of those I listed only the Carver was dead silent, they all still sounded quite nice.