pre-charging audio cables

Guest " "

A valid method to reduce the effects of dielectric absorption through DC bias.

I find the type of connectors make a bigger difference that the wire itself does and so this does not interest me. In theory Teflon should sound better than PVC, but I found the connector used determined over 90% of the difference in cables, not the dielectric. The cheapest plastic-handle RCA plugs tend to sound the best (no kidding). Silver-plated Teflon wire with fancy gold-plated ends did not sound as good as cheap plastic-handle ends with a twisted pair of PVC bell-wire. The Teflon and plastic-handle ends sounded only slightly better than the PVC bell-wire, so I care more about the connectors than the wire.

This cable technology is probably so expensive you will not want to try it.

Most systems and most peoples' hearing acuity will not be able to get a benefit from this technology.

All food tastes the same (if you have a zinc deficiency), all women kiss the same (if you're a eunuch), VHS and Beta look the same (to Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder), and all amplifiers sound the same (to the deaf old men at Stereo Review).

WHO?

Tell the deaf/dumb/blind kid to go play pinball.

A valid method to reduce the effects of dielectric absorption through DC bias.

I gather you've got some personal experience with this.

What
were your impressions? What did you think the technology's strongest
attribute to your listening experience? What did it bring to the table?
What's required to deploy it?

This cable technology is probably so expensive you will not want to try it.

Why is it so expensive? What's involved? What's "in the box"?

• 2 weeks later...

on an aside note if you lay a set of cables on the floor and then expose them to the full radiation from a bulk tape degauser you can charge up a set of interconnects. If you have a degauser you might want to experiment with this. I keep the degauser about 6 - 8 inches off the cable and move the unit in a circulat fashion for the prescribed time the unit should run. Give it a try. Best reguards Moray James.

What works better is to go to your local mechanic and drop the cables into his degreasing tank. It lifts the veil off the sound and makes it clearer. Triple distilled Varsol is even better.

we can start a different thread about oil filling the cables

on an aside note if you lay a set of cables on the floor and then expose them to the full radiation from a bulk tape degauser you can charge up a set of interconnects.

Not trying to be snarky at all, but just what impact could degaussing a non-ferrous material have? Are you interconnects iron?

Could well be I am simply ignorant here and feel free to educate me.

Dave

Fair enough I apologize if I over reacted. wish I could tell you what difference it makes except that the dielectric is betting pumped up full of charge. Same darn thing would seem to happen if you do likewise to a CD giv it a try. This is one of those full of speculation situation things which makes for more questions than answers and there is more than enough other such type stuff to turn a man gray before his time out there. So I can't offer up much else past observations. If you take a well burned in cable and remove it from the system and handle it a lot and re install it it will no longer sound well burned in. Hit it with the demager and presto it goes back to about 90% burned in sounding right away. Something to chew on? Best regards Moray James.

Fair enough I apologize if I over reacted.

Well, over my lordknowshowmany posts here I've learned that it's metaphysically absurd to question what another hears.

"The universe is not only queerer than we imagine, it's queerer than we CAN imagine." Haldane's Law.

Dave