Chorus 1s VS Belle klipsch ???

DANOCASTER

I currently have Chorus 1s (driven by a Musical Fidelity A300 integrated amp w/ a REGA P3/shure V15 combo ). The opportunity has come up to purchase a pair of nice Belle Klipsch for $900. Do you think this would be a BIG improvement ?? How so?? THANKS

This message has been edited by DANOCASTER on 06-17-2002 at 12:57 AM

Oh yes, it's an upgrade. Good price, too.

For me, the key upgrade with the Belle Klipsch is the fully horn loaded bass. Once you get addicted to this, non horn loaded bass will never be good enough.

The Chorus are very good speakers, but the Belle is in a different league. If you have the room, I would do it.

It should also be a cheap upgrade - the Chorus can be sold for most of what you are paying for the Belles (depending on condition, of course). But then again, you could keep the Chorus, and have bothSmile.gif I use Chorus for surrounds in my HT, with excellent results.

------------------

Klipsch Cornwall II's (mains)

Klipsch Academy (center channel)

Klipsch Chorus (surrounds)

Outlaw 750 Amplifier (5x165)

H/K AVR 75 (used as pre/pro - will be upgraded soon)

Bass Kit:

2 JBL 4638 LFE/Bass Reinforcement cabinets

Crown CE 1000 amplifier

Behringer Feedback Destroyer (Bass EQ)

Sources:

Pioneer DV-333

2 Aiwa ADF-850 3 head cassette decks

General Instruments cable box

Panasonic VHS PV-4459

Digital Audio Labs CardDeluxe (computer sound)

f> c> s>

Keep the Chorus, its not like its a KG series or so!

But yea, i would jump on the belles for that price!

4 Chorus running together is very nice, keep that in mind!

Ive named the chorus, the fortes, and the quartet, (pioneer series) LOL!

They just have to have some kind of line with me LOL!

I myself am getting heritage soon, so im even there!

I really want to own k-horns, but if a set of belles come my way at that price their mine!

Regards Jim

DANOCASTER,

This is not a negative statement about the Chorus I, but the Belles are definitely and upgrade. I currently own Belles, Cornwalls, Heresys, KLF20s, and KG4.2s. By far, Belles, along with LaScalas, are the next closet thing to Khorns. Unless there is something wrong with them, $900 is a great price. You should run, not walk to pick up those speakers. If you find you don't like them, you could probably sell them for a profit.

Klipsch out.

2 Channel system

1974 Belle Klipsch

Welborne Labs 2A3 Moondogs monoblocks

Cary SLP90L Preamplifier

Asusa PP-1 Phono preamplifier, modified

Rega 3 turntable, RB300 tonearm; Grado

Rega Planet CD player

AudioQuest Bedrock speaker cables

Silver Audio Hyacinth interconnects

Deepest sympathy.

Time to haunt Ebay if you really feel the urge for Heritage. I got my Khorns two months ago for a total of 1677.00 delivered from Denver. I am a fundamentally happier man now, and my whole family gathers around the 'horns on a regular basis.

It takes patience, study, and most of all, a decision as to EXACTLY how much you are willing to pay such that you are not sorry you didn't go higher. It is really quite difficult to pay more for Heritage on Ebay than they are worth.

Good luck!

Dave

------------------

David A. Mallett

Average system component age: 30 years.

Performance: Timeless

quote:

Originally posted by DANOCASTER:

I guess i should've run. i walked and they were being sold as i got there. $950 in their original boxes !! *$#*&@& !!!!!!!

Sad... but keep looking!!

However, if i were you I'd trye to find a pair of LaScala rather than Belles. They sound almost the same (most can't hear the difference, if difference there is) and they're quite easy to find for a good price second-hand. I mean less expensive than Belles... and there are a lot more for sale too.

Frans

quote:

I guess i should've run. i walked and they were being sold as i got there. $950 in their original boxes !! *$#*&@& !!!!!!!

What a horror story! It was not meant to be. There must be something better for you coming in the future.

Klipsch out.