Rotel RA-05 SE Integrated Amp (New Old Stock Unit) *SOLD*

Rick

I found this amp at a local shop recently, and couldn't resist the temptation to pick it up. It was a brand new sealed (NOS) unit. I hooked it up and used it for a week, and by my estimation it has roughly 25 hours on it, so it is essentially brand new. Due to my recent layoff, I am putting it up for sale. The MSRP for this amp was $650. My asking price is $399 shipped. Postal Money Order or Certified Check only.

Product Description:

Small changes can make a big difference; and when those changes are to audio-critical components, that difference can be vast. So it is with the Rotel RA-05, where time spent tuning, upgrading and switching components has resulted in the RA-05 SE, a product that shares the original?s slim-line good looks and build quality, but takes its audio performance to the next level.

Key sonic improvements have resulted from a significant update to the way in which the power supply is decoupled from the input switching and buffer stages. The input filter capacitors in the buffer stages have also been updated, as have the buffer stage input and output series signal handling resistors. All these component changes have resulted in a significantly improved performance.

Specs:

Model RA-05 SE
Continuous Power Output: 40 wpc into 8 ohms (20 – 20kHz), <0.03% at rated power, 1/2 power or 1 watt
Frequency Response Phono Input: 20Hz – 15kHz: ±0.3dB
Line Level Inputs: 10Hz – 40kHz: ±1dB
Damping Factor (20-20,000 Hz, 8 Ohms) 180
Input Sensitivity / Impedance Phono Input: 2.8mV / 47kOhms
Line Level Inputs: 170mV / 24kOhms
Input Overload Phono Input: 180mV
Line Level Inputs: 5V
Pre-amp Output / Impedance 1V / 470 Ohms
Tone Controls – Bass / Treble ±6dB at 100Hz / 10kHz
Dimensions (W x H x D) mm 435 x 72 x 342mm
Signal to Noise Ratio (IHF “A” Weighted) Phono Input: 80 dB
Line Level Inputs: 100 dB
Power Consumption 220 Watts
Weight: 13lbs

I'll take the over on the 40 WPC, Rotel is pretty conservative with their ratings. That is one sweet looking unit you are selling there Rick. I love my Rotel Int Amp & if I had any use for it or place to put it, I would snap this up in a heartbeat. Good luck with the sale, someone should grab this, they will be quite happy with the build quality & most importantly the sound.

I'll take the over on the 40 WPC, Rotel is pretty conservative with their ratings. That is one sweet looking unit you are selling there Rick. I love my Rotel Int Amp & if I had any use for it or place to put it, I would snap this up in a heartbeat. Good luck with the sale, someone should grab this, they will be quite happy with the build quality & most importantly the sound.

Thanks Stephen. And yes, I'd say it is pretty conservatively rated, it sounds much more powerful than 40 wpc... [8-|]

Also, many integrateds in its price range these days do not include a phono section/tone controls (yes, I actually use them [:o])/pre-amp outs as this one does.