Sub woofer options

Hutch1814

I'm not a newbie when it comes to home theater but I am when it comes to klipsch. Love my system but I'm lacking in the sub side. I currently have the icon series. KF-28's and the KC-25 for the front and a KS-14's for surrounds. My room is 11X21 and I currently have a PDR-10 that just isn't giving me that "holy crap" feel during explosions and intense movie moments. My sitting spot is about 16 feet from the front with the rears mounted behind me. I'm currently looking at the SW-450 due to how impressed with klipsch I've been. I was wondering if this would would be a good fit or is there something else I should look at? My floors are hardwood so I don't know if that helps or hurts a down firing sub. Looks like from what I've read it's a 50/50 with sub types. Any help would be awesome! And thanks in advance, glad I found this forum! Helped me understand so much already

Exact measurements are 11 1/2 ft wide by 21 1/2 ft long. Obiviously I sitting long ways. The sub currently sits in the front left corner bit I also have a 4-5 ft space in the back behind the sofa where I was considering putting the sub I have. Money is tight. After buying everything in about 2 months time the boss (wife) isn't to thrilled to begin with. That's why I was thinking the 450 as well. I'm not much of a music listener unless I'm cleaning around the house but even then it's not very loud. More HT then anything

Hutch,

Where are you located?

Don't hesitate to look for used subwoofers on your local craigslist. I was able to find a $3300.00 Revel B15 located less than an hour away for $450.00. To this day, the best bang for the buck purchase I have ever made.

Bill

A couple of PA 150 and you would be good to go. The Premier Acoustic PA 150 is a monster as far as overall output. Excellent sound quality for HT or music. I have this paired with my Epik Legend and they make awesome duo. You would have to go over the $700-800 range for a better sub IMO.

I'm located in Gas City Indiana. 450-550 was what I was expecting to spend. What's every bodies take on subs? Front or down firing? Having the semi-large room the long room has to have a better option of one or the other, right?

Up your budget some more and I have an excellent SVS PB Ultra 13 I can sell and I am in NW Indiana about 1 1/2 hrs from you.