When placing Klipschorns in a corner, does the length of the wall matter?

jeff spicoli

I will be moving into a bigger house in the next few days and need help placing my Klipschorns. I cuurently have them in my mobile home, but one isnt in a good corner and now we have a chance to move into a house that I think has good corners and I'm really, really excited because I can see what these speakers are made of!!

I know they need good corners to perform to their potential, but looking at my pictures, will the wall on the left side of the photos be long enough? or does the wall need to be just long enough for the speaker?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I agree with Dee, The side of the K-horn may project into and narrow the doorway a bit. I believe the length of the part of the top ("home") plate that abuts the wall is 22", so it will close into the wall if you have that. It kinda looks like you have at least that much. The more the better, cosmetically and probably sonically.

the length of the wall is 31"?? or 33" i cant remember?

In that case, the front corner of the K-horn on that side might come close to flush with the edge of the entryway and the appearance might be fine, as the home plate is 28" from front to back. Sonics might be lacking a little in the bass.

See HiFiLit.com's PWK page for 1957 for gross dimensions: http://www.hifilit.com/Klipsch/1957k.jpg.