Klipsch Reference Speakers & Harman Kardon Receiver - $250

TasDom

Thanks (I think) for the heads up. I went to pick them up this afternoon a good 30 miles away after exchanging a few texts with the seller. When I arrived I had high hopes since he lived in a really nice neighborhood but as soon as I saw the speakers I knew the descriptions weren't right. Sure enough the stickers had been pulled off long ago so the seller didn't really know what he had and just guessed on the model numbers. It turned out to be an RC-10, RF-52's, and an RW-8. The RW-8 he had mentioned in the ad doesn't work so I'll have to look into that. The RF-52's have no feet otherwise are pretty nice, the RC-10 has the wax as mentioned on the grill but is nice otherwise, and the HK 146 has no remote. I ended up talking him down to $200 and I'll probably just give them to my buddy as a late christmas present so I don't have to listen to his "white van" crap anymore when I hang out at his house..

Managed to get the wax out of the RC-10's grill so that is just about mint, but either I'm spoiled by having an RC-7 in my media room and one in my living room, or this RC-10 is shit, I can't stand the sound of it.

Also, it occurred to me there was more than one floor stander made with 5.25's so I dug a little deeper and what I have is actually RF-15's, not RF-52's, tough to tell apart from the front and with no label, but I finally figured out the port is in a different spot and mine is on the bottom making it the -15..

Oh well, like you said, still not bad for $200, just not the score I was looking for.